- Peptide CSAKDYIYQDSISLPWK, corresponding to amino acid residues 33-49 of human 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B (Accession P28222). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat hippocampus lysate:1. Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022), (1:400).
2. Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with 5HT1B Receptor/HTR1B (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-SR022).
- Expression of 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B in rat and mouse brainImmunohistochemical staining of rat and mouse brain sections using Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022), (1:200). A. 5-HT1B receptor staining (green) in rat hippocampal CA1 region is detected in the pyramidal layer (P) and apical dendrites (arrows). B. 5-HT1B receptor staining (green) in mouse deep cerebellar nucleus appears in neuronal profiles (arrows). DAPI counterstain is used for nuclei staining.
- Sari, Y. (2004) Neurosi. Biobehav. Rev. 28, 565.
- Berger, M. et al. (2009) Annu. Rev. Med. 60, 355.
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) plays unequivocally a most important role in the normal physiology amongst higher eukaryotes, as do most neurotransmitters. The physiological roles of serotonin and its receptors range from appetite, regulation of the circadian rhythm, sexual behavior, memory and nociception. Serotonin is also involved in migraine and some psychiatric diseases such as depression anxiety and aggression1. Serotonin and its receptors also have an influence on the cardiovascular, pulmonary, gastrointestinal (GI) and genitourinary systems2.
To date, some fifteen serotonin receptors have been cloned and grouped into seven families (5-HT1-5-HT7) based on their signaling mechanisms. The 5-HT1 receptor class comprises 5 different receptors with ranging homology. Apart from 5-HT3, all serotonin receptors belong to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily and therefore span the membrane seven times3.
The 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B (5-HT1B) is involved in several physiological behaviors and psychiatric diseases, including locomotor activity, drug abuse reinforcement, migraine, anxiety states and aggressive behaviors1.
Pharmacological studies suggest that 5-HT1B is expressed by both serotonergic and non-serotonergic neurons. In the nervous system, this receptor is located in the axon terminal of the plasma membrane of unmyelinated axons. It is predominantly localized on pre-synaptic membranes. Signal transduction studies of the receptor indicate that this receptor is coupled negatively to adenylyl cyclase as its activation induces a decrease in adenylyl cyclase activity1.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 1B. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize 5HT1B receptor from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ASR-022-AG). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in multiplex staining studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035)
- Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)
- Anti-5HT5B Receptor (HTR5B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-040)