- Peptide (C)KMSEQ STISEHILQK, corresponding to amino acid residues 6-20 of rat 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B (Accession P30994). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain (lanes 1 and 5), rat brain (lanes 2 and 6), rat uterus (lanes 3 and 7) and human SH-SY5Y brain neuroblastoma cell (lanes 4 and 8) lysates:1-4. Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035), (1:200).
5-8. Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with 5HT2B Receptor/HTR2B (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-SR035).
- Expression of 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B in mouse cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining of mouse cerebellum using Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035) (1:400). A. 5-HT2B staining (red), appears in neurons of the Purkinje layer (vertical arrows) and in the molecular layer (horizontal arrow). B. Nuclear staining using DAPI as the counterstaining (blue). C. Merged image of panels A and B.
- Cell surface detection of 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B by indirect flow cytometry in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035), (2.5μg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
5-HT is involved in a variety of physiological and biological processes. In the brain, 5-HT has been found to affect sleep, mood, appetite, anxiety, aggression, perception, pain, and cognition1. Signaling of 5-HT is mediated by receptors that are located on the cell membrane of neurons and most other cells in the body. The 5-HT2 family consists of three G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs): 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B, and 5-HT2C2. Like other members, they are transmembrane proteins consisting of seven membrane-spanning α-helical segments with an extracellular N-terminus and an intracellular C-terminus. The binding of 5-HT to one of its receptors is thought to elicit a conformational change that activates associated heterotrimeric G proteins and recruits other downstream signaling/scaffolding molecules, such as GPCR kinases and β-arrestins.
5-HT2B receptors have been found to be present in both rodent and human tissues, particularly in the cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract, bone, and central nervous system2. Only low expression levels are found in the brain and blood. The highest expression levels are found in the stomach fundus3.
Over-expression of 5-HT2B receptors in hearts of transgenic mice results in cardiac hypertrophy and decreased ventricular function due to enhanced extracellular matrix (ECM) and remodeling. Likewise, genetic deletion of 5-HT2B receptors was shown to lead to ventricular dilation and incomplete cardiac development5.
Species reactivity key:
Expression of metabotropic and ionotropic 5-HT Receptors in mouse trigeminal ganglion.Immunohistochemical staining of mouse trigeminal ganglion (TG) sections using Alomone Labs Anti-5HT2A Receptor (HTR2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-033), Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035) and Anti-5HT3A Receptor (HTR3A) Antibody (#ASR-031) (red) shows that all three receptors are expressed in retrogradely labeled whisker afferent neurons.Adapted from Chang, W. et al. (2016) with permission of the National Academy of Sciences, USA.
Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat 5-HT-2B receptor. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It recognizes an extracellular epitope and can potentially detect 5HT2B receptor in living cells. It has been designed to recognize 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 2B from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ASR-035-AG).
A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in multiplex staining studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Anti-5HT2A Receptor (HTR2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-033)
- Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ASR-022-AG)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Anti-5HT3B Receptor (HTR3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-032)
- Anti-5HT5B Receptor (HTR5B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-040)
- Anti-Serotonin Transporter (SERT) (extracellular) Antibody (#AMT-004)