- Peptide CSDSPSSGRSMG, corresponding to amino acid residues 22-33 of rat 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 5B (Accession P35365). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat and mouse brain lysates:1,2. Anti-5HT5B Receptor (HTR5B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-040), (1:400).
3,4. Anti-5HT5B Receptor (HTR5B) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with 5HT5B Receptor/HTR5B (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-SR040).
Serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) is a monoamine neurotransmitter synthesized from the amino acid tryptophan by the enzyme tryptophan-decarboxylase. This conversion occurs in chromaffin and enteric cells whereas serotonin reaches the central nervous system via blood circulation. In addition to its function as a neurotransmitter in the CNS, it serves as a precursor for melatonin in the pineal gland. It can also be found in non-neuronal tissues such as the mucosa of gut and blood platelets. Serotonin is known to affect numerous behavioral and physiological functions1.
The 5-HT5B receptor is part of family of 13 known G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) divided into seven classes based on structural and operational features. Like other GPCRs, 5-HT5B receptor has an extracellular N-terminus, transmembrane domains and an intracellular C-terminal tail2.
There are currently two known receptors in the 5-HT5 family. The function of these receptors is far from fully understood and it is unclear with which G-protein they couple. The 5-HT5B gene has been mapped in the human genome but its sequence does not produce a functional gene and no physiological response was found to correspond with its activity3.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the rat 5-Hydroxytryptamine receptor 5B. Anti-5HT5B Receptor (HTR5B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-040) can be used in western blot analysis. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and is thus ideal for detecting the receptor in living cells. It has been designed to recognize 5HT5B receptor from rat and mouse samples.
- Anti-5HT1A Receptor (HTR1A) Antibody (#ASR-021)
- Anti-5HT1B Receptor (HTR1B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-022)
- Anti-5HT1D Receptor (HTR1D) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-023)
- Anti-5HT2A Receptor (HTR2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-033)
- Anti-5HT2B Receptor (HTR2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-035)
- Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASR-036)
- Anti-5HT4 Receptor (HTR4) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ASR-036-F)