This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- (C)DLEAWAEKFKVLASNR, corresponding to amino acid residues 850-865 of rat CaVα2δ2 (Accession Q8CFG6). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat lung (lanes 1 and 6), rat brain (lanes 2 and 7), mouse brain (lanes 3 and 8), rat heart (lanes 4 and 9) and mouse heart (lanes 5 and 10) lysates:1-5. Anti-CACNA2D2 (CaVα2δ2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-102), (1:200).
6-10. Anti-CACNA2D2 (CaVα2δ2) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of CaVα2δ2 channel in rat cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining rat cerebellum using Anti-CACNA2D2 (CaVα2δ2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-102). A. CaVα2δ2 (green) appears in the soma of Purkinje cells (arrow) and in the molecular layer (M). B. Preincubation of the antibody with the negative control antigen blocks staining of Purkinje cells and molecular layer. DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue).
Voltage-gated Ca2+ channels (CaV), enable the passage of Ca2+ ions in a voltage-dependent manner. These heteromeric entities are formed in part by the pore-forming α1 subunit which determines the biophysical and pharmacological properties of the channel1.
CaV1 and CaV2 channels are high-voltage activated (HVA) CaV channels. The a1 subunit of these channels normally interacts and associates with α2δ subunit, a membrane anchored protein and CaVβ, a cytosolic protein1.
Four α2δ subunits have been cloned to date: α2δ1-4. This subunit originates from a single gene. The corresponding protein is modified by post-translational cleavage yielding a α2 subunit which is disulfide bonded to the δ subunit2. All α2δ subunits are GPI- (glycosylphosphatidylinositol) anchored proteins3. The role of this subunit is important for the membrane trafficking of the α1 subunit, and also has a role in influencing the biophysical properties of the channel1.
α2δ can be expressed as various splice variants and expressed in a tissue specific manner. α2δ2 can be detected in the brain, heart, lung, spleen and liver4.
Gabapentin and pregabalin are two commonly used anti-epileptic drugs. They act on CaV channels via the α2δ1 and α2δ2 subunits by disturbing their membrane trafficking, thereby decreasing Ca2+ currents.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of rat CaVα2δ2. Anti-CACNA2D2 (CaVα2δ2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-102) can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize CaVα2δ2 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-CACNA2D1 (CaVα2δ1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-015)
- Anti-CACNA2D3 (CaVα2δ3) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-103)
- Anti-CACNA2D4 (CaVα2δ4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-104)
- Anti-CACNA1A (CaV2.1) Antibody (#ACC-001)
- Anti-CACNA1B (CaV2.2) Antibody (#ACC-002)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Anti-CaV1.2a (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-013)