This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)KVEEDGTLEREQWTNK, corresponding to amino acids residues 23-38 of rat GAT-2 (Accession P31646). Intracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain lysates:1,2. Anti-GABA Transporter 2 (GAT-2) Antibody (#AGT-002), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-GABA Transporter 2 (GAT-2) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of GABA transporter 2 in rat lungImmunohistochemical staining of rat lung paraffin-embedded sections using Anti-GABA Transporter 2 (GAT-2) Antibody (#AGT-002), (1:100). GAT-2 (brown) is expressed in the respiratory epithelium of the bronchioli. Hematoxilin is used as the counterstain.
γ-Aminobutiric acid (GABA) is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the mammalian central nervous system. Transmission via GABA can be halted by its reuptake through GABA transporters (GATs). These membrane proteins belong to the super family of slc6 genes which encode transporters responsible for the uptake of dopamine, serotonin, norepinephrine, glycine and GABA in a Na+-dependent manner1,2.
To date, four GATs have been identified: GAT-1, GAT-2, GAT-3 and BGT-1. Like all members of the slc6 family, they have twelve transmembrane domains and short intracellular N- and C-termini1. GATs couple the transport of one GABA molecule to 2 Na+ ions and one Cl- ion3.
GAT-2 is expressed in the brain and in the periphery and is also abundant in the kidney and liver4. Due to its relatively broad expression pattern, suggested roles for GAT-2 include maturation of the nervous system, and regulation of GABA levels among others4.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat GABA transporter 2. Anti-GABA Transporter 2 (GAT-2) Antibody (#AGT-002) can be used in western blot analysis and immunohistochemistry applications and has been designed to recognize GAT-2 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-BGT-1 (SLC6A12) Antibody (#AGT-004)
- Anti-GABA Transporter 1 (GAT-1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGT-001)
- Anti-GABA Transporter 3 (GAT-3) Antibody (#AGT-003)
- Anti-Vesicular GABA Transporter (VGAT) Antibody (#AGT-005)
- Anti-GABA(A) γ2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-005)
- Anti-GABA(A) ρ1 Receptor (GABRR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-006)
- Anti-GABA(A) ρ2 Receptor (GABRR2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-007)
- Anti-GABA(B) R1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGB-001)