This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)HAGSTLIPMNNISMPQGE, corresponding to amino acid residues 382-399 of rat GABA(A) γ1 receptor (Accession P23574). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain lysates:1. Anti-GABA(A) γ1 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-016), (1:500).
2. Anti-GABA(A) γ1 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of GABA(A) γ1 receptor in rat DRGImmunohistochemical staining of rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) frozen sections using Anti-GABA(A) γ1 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-016), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody. A. Staining (red) appears in neuronal cell bodies. B. Nuclear staining using DAPI as the counterstain. C. Merged image of A and B.
The neurotransmitter GABA (γ-aminobutyric acid) inhibits the activity of signal-receiving neurons by interacting with the GABAA receptor on these cells1. There are two major types of GABA receptors: the ionotropic GABAA (GABAA R) and the metabotropic GABAB receptors. GABAA R belongs to the ligand gated ion channel superfamily1,2.
The binding of GABA to its GABAA receptor results in conformational changes that open a Cl- channel, producing an increase in membrane conductance, resulting in inhibition of neural activity2,3.
They are composed of heteropentamer, with all of the five subunits contributing to the pore formation. To date, eight subunit isoforms have been cloned: α, β, γ, δ, ε, π, θ, and ρ1. The native GABAA receptor, in most cases, consists of 2α, 2β and 1γ subunit. Three γ subunits genes have been identified in mammals.
mRNA of the γ1 subunit is detected in the amygdala and septum4.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-GABA(A) γ1 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-016) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat GABRG1. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize GABA(A) γ1 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- Anti-GABA(A) α2 Receptor Antibody (#AGA-002)
- Anti-GABA(A) γ2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-005)
- Anti-GABA(A) δ Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-014)
- Anti-GABA(A) π Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-019)
- Anti-GABA(A) ρ1 Receptor (GABRR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-006)