- Peptide (C)KRPDDESGWMSYLSE, corresponding to amino acid residues 241-255 of rat GLP2R (Accession Q9Z0W0). 1st extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat colon lysate:1. Anti-GLP2R (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-022), (1:200).
2. Anti-GLP2R (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with GLP2R (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-GR022).
- Expression of Glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor in rat hypothalamusImmunohistochemical staining of rat hypothalamus with Anti-GLP2R (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-022), (1:200). Glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor (green) appears in the lateral hypothalamic region axonal profiles (vertical white arrow) and nerve cell profiles (horizontal white arrows) were labeled. DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue).
- Cell surface detection of Glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor by indirect flow cytometry in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-GLP2R (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-022), (2.5μg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
Glucagon like peptide-2 (GLP-2) is a 33 amino acid peptide secreted following food consumption. It is cleaved by dipeptidyl peptidase IV thereby yielding a very short half life. GLP-2 imposes most of its effect on intestinal epithelial cells where it is also be used as a therapeutic drug for gastrointestinal injuries1-3.
The many actions of GLP-2 include cellular proliferation of intestinal epithelial cells, the increase of amino acid and lipid absorption and increase of digestive enzyme activity of the epithelial brush border cells1.
The GLP-2 cellular and physiological effects are primarily exerted through the glucagon-like peptide-2 receptor (GLP-2R), a member of the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily. The receptor can couple either Gs or Gi G-proteins1. However, when heterologously expressed, the receptor can stimulate the synthesis of cAMP3.
Expression of GLP-2R is strongly detected in the central nervous system and the gastrointestinal tract, although its expression in this area remains controversial as some species express the receptor in different regions than others. It is also slightly detected in the lungs, cervix and vagal afferents1.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-GLP2R (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-022) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitpe of the rat glucagon-like peptide 2 receptor. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize GLP2R from human, rat, and mouse samples.