- Peptide (C)RQGPRIEKHLKNK, corresponding to amino acid residues 220-232 of rat GPR17 (Accession Q09QM4). Intracellular, 3rd loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain lysate (lanes 2 and 4):1,2. Anti-GPR17 Antibody (#AGR-048), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-GPR17 Antibody, preincubated with GPR17 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-GR048).
- Expression of GPR17 in rat parietal cortexImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-GPR17 Antibody (#AGR-048), (1:300), followed by donkey-anti-rabbit-biotin and streptavidin-Cy3. GPR17 immunoreactivity (red) appears in cortical cells (arrows). Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
GPR17 is an orphan receptor that can be double-activated by uracil and cysteinyl-leukotriene (CysLT). It is phylogenetically related to both purinergic P2Y and CysLT receptors. GPR17 belongs to the superfamily of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs)4.
GPR17 expression is highly detected in the brain, kidney, and heart. In the brain, GPR17 is mainly distributed in white matter, gray matter, subependymal zone, and corpus callosum1.
Studies have shown that GPR17 receptor plays an important role in spinal cord injury, myelin sheath injury, cerebral ischemic injury, where its expression is extremely upregulated1,2.
GPR17 activation promotes oligodendrocyte differentiation and progression toward mature myelin-forming cells. Thus, GPR17 modulators may be used as therapeutic tools to treat pathologies associated with myelin repair in CNS demyelinating diseases3.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-GPR17 Antibody (#AGR-048) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize GPR17 from rat and mouse samples. It is unlikely to recognize the protein from human samples.
- Anti-P2Y4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-006)
- Anti-P2Y6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-011)
- Anti-CysLTR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-003)
- Anti-Human CysLTR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-004)
- Anti-MRGPRD (GPCR TGR7) Antibody (#AMR-061)
- Anti-CysLTR1 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ALR-003-F)
- Anti-GPR34 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-055)