- Peptide CFPRYPSEGHRAFH, corresponding to amino acid residues 168-181 of human LTB4R (Accession Q15722). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Cell surface detection of LTB4R in live intact human promyelocytic leukemia HL-60 cell line:___ Unstained HL-60 cells.
___ HL-60 cells + Anti-Human BLT1 (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#ALR-001-AG), (1:20).
- Riccioni, G. et al. (2008) J. Leukoc. Biol. 84, 1374.
- Tager, A.M. and Luster A.D. (2003) Prostaglandins Leukot. Essent. Fatty Acids 69, 123.
- Yokomizo, T. et al. (1997) Nature 387, 620.
- Owman, C. et al. (1996) Genomics 37, 187.
- Yokomizo, T. et al. (2000) J. Exp. Med. 192, 421.
- Tryselius, Y. et al. (2000) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 274, 377.
- Kamohara, M. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 27000.
- Wang, S. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 39482.
Leukotrienes (LTs) are lipid mediators prominently exerting proinflammatory responses. They are divided in two classes: cysteinyl LTs (cysLTs) which have a thioester linkage and LTB41. LTB4, a chemoattractant, plays a prominent role in the recruitment and activation of leukocytes2.
LTB4 acts through two receptors which belong to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily: BLT1 and BLT2. BLT1 displays high affinity for LTB4 and is highly expressed in leukocytes including granulocytes, macrophages, mast cells, dendritic cells and effector T cells3 and is expressed to much lower levels in the spleen, thymus, heart, skeletal muscle brain and liver2-4. BLT2 on the other hand is a low affinity receptor which does not display selectivity towards LTB45. Its expression is much more ubiquitous than that of BLT1. It is expressed in most human tissues, with the highest expression being in the spleen, liver, ovary, and leukocytes2,5-8. The two receptors could couple and activate different G-proteins, depending on the cell type and the cellular events activating the receptors2. However, activation of BLT1 usually correlates with increasing intracellular concentrations of Ca2+.
The LTB4/BLT1 system is involved in many allergic reactions as well as asthma induced as an allergic response, where it plays a significant role in recruiting neutrophils and effector T cells into lungs as part of an inflammatory response induced by allergens1.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Human BLT1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-001) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the human Leukotriene B4 receptor 1. The antibody can be used for western blot and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize LTB4R from human samples only.
Anti-Human BLT1 (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ALR-001-AG) is directly labeled with an ATTO-488 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-488 label is analogous to the well known dye fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC) and can be used with filters typically used to detect FITC. Anti-Human BLT1 (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody is especially suited for experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.