- Peptide (C)RSKLVAASVPARDRVR, corresponding to amino acid residues 261-276 of human LPA5 receptor (Accession Q9H1C0). 3rd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of human chronic myelogenous leukemia MEG-01 (lanes 1 and 3) and K562 cell lysates (lanes 2 and 4):1,2. Anti-Human LPAR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-035), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-Human LPAR5 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with Human LPAR5 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-LR035).
- Yanagida, K. et al. (2013) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1831, 33.
- Amisten, S. et al. (2008) Thromb. Res. 122, 47.
- Mutoh, T. et al. (2012) Br. J. Pharmacol. 165, 829.
- Lee, C.W. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281, 23589.
- Jongsma, M. et al. (2012) PLoS ONE 6, e29260.
- Lin, M.E. et al. (2012) J. Biol. Chem. 287, 17608.
LPA (lysophosphatidic acid) mediates cellular differentiation, growth, survival and motility through two subgroups of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs): The Edg (endothelial differentiation gene) family – LPA1, LPA2, LPA3 and the non-Edg family – LPA4, LPA5, LPA61.
Like all GPCRs, LPA receptors have seven transmembrane domains, an extracellular N-terminus and an intracellular C-terminal tail1.
Alkyl-LPA, commonly found in platelets activates LPA5, thus explaining the high expression of the receptor in platelets2. LPA is expressed in astrocytes, and sensory and motor neurons in the spinal cord. It is also detected in spleen, heart, placenta, lliver and colon3.
LPA5 activation leads to cAMP production; however, it does so in a Gs independent manner4,5. The receptor couples Gq, thus leading to Ca2+ mobilization4.
Activation of LPA5 was also shown to initiate neuropathic pain in mouse models. LPA5 knockout mice do not develop neuropathic pain6.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human LPA5 receptor. Anti-Human LPAR5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-035) can be used in western blot analysis. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and is thus ideal for detecting the receptor in living cells. It has been designed to recognize LPA5 receptor from human samples only.
- Anti-LPAR1 (EDG2) (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-031)
- Anti-LPAR2 (EDG4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-032)
- Anti-LPAR2 (EDG4) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ALR-032-F)
- Anti-LPAR3 (EDG7) (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-033)
- Anti-LPAR4 (P2Y9) (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-034)
- Anti-LPAR6 (P2RY5) (extracellular) Antibody (#ALR-036)