This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)DSSNPIES(S)QNFYKD, corresponding to amino acid residues 199-213 of rat KCNMA1 (Accession Q62976). 1st extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1,2. Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-151), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Cell surface detection of KCa1.1 in live intact THP-1 (human acute monocytic leukemia cells) cell line:___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-Cy5.
___ Cells + Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-151), (1:20) + goat-anti-rabbit-Cy5.The negative control antigen is not suitable for this application.
The KCa1.1 channel (also known as KCNMA1, BKCa, Maxi K+ or slo) is part of a structurally diverse group of K+ channels that are activated by an increase in intracellular Ca2+. KCa1.1 shows a large single channel conductance when recorded electrophysiologically and hence its name. It differs from the rest of the subfamily members in that it can be activated by both an increase in intracellular Ca2+ and by membrane depolarization. In addition, the KCa1.1 channel structurally differs from the other Ca2+-dependent K+ channels. While the latter group has a topology that resembles that of the voltage-dependent K+ channels, the KCa1.1 channel has an extracellular N-terminus domain as well as an additional transmembrane domain.
KCa1.1 is expressed in virtually all cell types where it causes hyperpolarization and helps to connect intracellular Ca2+ signaling pathways and membrane excitability.
Indeed, KCa1.1 channels play a crucial role in smooth muscle contractility, neuronal spike shaping and neurotransmitter release.
IF- Immunofluorescence, IHC- Immunohistochemistry, IP- Immunoprecipitation, LCI- Live cell imaging, N- Neutralization, WB- Western blot
Species reactivity key:
Expression of BKCa (KCNMA1) channel in mouse bladder.Immunohistochemical staining of mouse bladder sections using Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-151). BK staining (red) is detected in urothelium layer (panels 1, a) and in detrusor layer (panels 1, b). Negative control using secondary antibody only shows insignificant background staining (panel 2). DAPI is used to stain nuclei. Panels a, and b are high magnifications of panel 1.Adapted from Lu, M. et al. (2018) Am. J. Physiol. 314, C643. with permission of the American Physiological Society.
Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-151) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, and indirect flow cytometry applications. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and is thus ideal for detecting the channel in living cells. It has been designed to recognize KCNMA1 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Expression of KCNMA1 in adult and fetal ovine arteriole myocytes.Immunohistochemical staining of adult and fetal ovine arteriole myocytes using Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-151). KCNMA1 staining (green) is detected similarly whether under normal conditions (right panels) or under hypoxia (left panels).
Adapted from Tao, X. et al. (2015) with permission of the American Physiological Society.
- Mouse bladder sections.
Lu, M. et al. (2018) Am. J. Physiol. 314, C643.
- Mouse kidney sections (1:200).
Li, Y. et al. (2016) PLoS ONE 11, e0155006.
- Human myometrium sections (1:50).
Novakovic, R. et al. (2015) Mol. Hum. Reprod. 21, 545.
- Ovine arteriole sections.
Tao, X. et al. (2015) Am. J. Physiol. 308, H707.
- Human artery tissues (1:50).
Gojkovic-Bukarica, L. et al. (2011) Eur. J. Pharmacol. 654, 266.
- Mouse bladder sections.
- Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (1097-1196) Antibody (#APC-021). This antibody recognizes a different epitope, and thus can also be used as a control for detecting KCNMA1.
- Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (1184-1200) Antibody (#APC-107). This antibody recognizes a different epitope, and thus can also be used as a control for detecting KCNMA1.
- Guinea pig Anti-KCNMA1 (KCa1.1) (1097-1196) Antibody (#AGP-014) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #APC-021.