This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EDNYLEEKPRVKSVLE, corresponding to amino acid residues 1173-1188 of rat NaV1.8 (Accession Q62968). 1st extracellular loop, domain III.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 3) and rat DRG (lanes 2 and 4) lysates:1,2. Anti-NaV1.8 (SCN10A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-028), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-NaV1.8 (SCN10A) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
Voltage-gated Na+ channels (NaV) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability.1 NaV channels are activated in response to depolarization and selectively allow flow of Na+ ions. To date, nine NaV α subunits have been cloned and named NaV1.1-1.9.2-3 The NaV channels are classified into two groups according to their sensitivity to tetrodotoxin (TTX): TTX-sensitive and TTX-resistant channels.4-5b Expression of the α subunit isoform is developmentally and tissue specific.
Two TTX-resistant NaV channels are expressed in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) neurons, NaV1.8 and NaV1.9. The NaV1.8 channel (also called SCN10A, SNS and PN3) is mainly expressed in small-diameter DRG neurons.4-6 TTX-resistant channels have been suggested to play an important role in nociceptive transmission.
Recently, involvement of NaV1.8 in multiple sclerosis (MS) was suggested due to up-regulation of both mRNA and protein in Purkinje cells of MS patients and also in animal models.6
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of rat NaV1.8 channel. Anti-NaV1.8 (SCN10A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-028) can be used in western blot analysis. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and is thus ideal for detecting NaV1.8 in living cells. It has been designed to recognize NaV1.8 from rat and mouse samples. The antibody will not recognize NaV1.8 from human samples.
- Anti-NaV1.8 (SCN10A) Antibody (#ASC-016). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting NaV1.8.
- Anti-NaV1.8 (SCN10A)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#ASC-016-AR). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Guinea pig Anti-NaV1.8 (SCN10A) Antibody (#AGP-029) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #ASC-016.