- Peptide (C)HRSHTRLAEMKYE, corresponding to amino acid residues 299-311 of rat P2X5 receptor (Accession P51578).
- Western blot analysis of rat heart (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse heart (lanes 2 and 4):1,2. Anti-P2X5 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-027), (1:400).
3,4. Anti-P2X5 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with P2X5 Receptor (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR027).
- Prasad, M. et al. (2001) J. Physiol. 537, 667.
- Florenzano, F. et al. (2002) Neuroscience 115, 425.
- Khakh, B.S. et al. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 107.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- Torres, G.E. et al. (1998) Mol. Pharmacol. 54, 989.
- Greig, A.V. et al. (2003) J. Invest. Dermatol. 121, 1145.
- Greig, A.V. et al. (2003) J. Invest. Dermatol. 120, 1007.
- Slater, M. et al. (2000) Histochem. J. 32, 571.
- Afework, M. and Burnstock, G. (2000) Int. J. Dev. Neurosci. 18, 515.
- Ashcroft, F.M. et al. (2000) Ion Channels and Disease Ed.1.
The P2X5 receptor (P2X5R) belongs to the ligand-gated ion channel P2X family, which is activated by extracellular ATP. To date, seven receptor subtypes named P2X1-P2X7 have been described.1,2,3
All P2X subunits, with the exception of P2X6, can assemble to form homomeric or heteromeric functional channels.4-5 The P2X5R forms a heteromeric receptor with P2X1 receptor. The heteromeric receptor has distinct properties from the P2X1 or P2X5 homomeric receptors.4,6 The different P2X receptors show distinct expression patterns.
P2X1-6 have been found in the central and peripheral nervous system, while the P2X7 receptor is found in cells of the immune system, particularly antigen presenting cells, and in microglia.
The P2X5 subunit was first cloned from rat heart, and was reported to be expressed in heart, brain, spinal cord and adrenal gland.
Recent papers suggested possible roles for P2X5 receptor in differentiation and apoptosis in keratinocytes and ageing rat prostate, respectively.7-10
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the rat P2X5 receptor. Anti-P2X5 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-027) can be used in western blot analysis. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and is thus ideal to detect the receptor in living cells. It has been designed to recognize P2RX5 from mouse, rat and human samples.
- Anti-P2X5 Receptor Antibody (#APR-005). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting P2X5.
- Anti-P2X1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-022)
- Anti-P2X3 Receptor Antibody (#APR-016)
- Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002)
- Anti-P2X4 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-024)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-008)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-008-F)