- Peptide (C)RTKYEEARAPKATTNSA, corresponding to amino acid residues 363-379 of rat P2X6 receptor (Accession P51579). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-013), (1:200).
2. Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with P2X6 Receptor Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR013).
- Rat lens (1:200) (Suzuki Kerr, H. et al. (2009) Histochem. Cell. Biol. 131, 667.).
- Expression of P2X6 in rat hypothalamus.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-013), (1:200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. P2X6 immunoreactivity (green) appears in neurons (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with P2X6 Blocking Peptide (BLP-PR013), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue). 3rd V = Third ventricle.
- Expression of P2X6 in rat parietal cortex.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-013), (1:200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. P2X6 immunoreactivity (green) appears in cortical neurons (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with P2X6 Blocking Peptide (BLP-PR013), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Mouse Leydig cells (1:200) (Subitoni, L. et al. (2009) Purinergic Signal. 5, 277.).
- Human CD4+ and ckit+ cells (Kazakova, R.R. et al. (2011) Bull. Exp. Biol. Med. 151, 33.).
- Prasad, M. et al. (2001) J. Physiol. 537, 667.
- Florenzano, F. et al. (2002) Neuroscience 115, 425.
- Ashcroft, F.M. et al. (2000) Ion Channels and Disease Ed 1, p. 405, Academic Press, San Diego.
- Khakh, B.S. et al. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 107.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- Lê, K.T. et al. (1998) J. Neurosci. 18, 7152.
- Robertson, S.J. et al. (2001) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 11, 378.
- Dunn, P.M. et al. (2001) Prog. Neurobiol. 65, 107.
- Kim, M. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6347.
P2X receptors belong to the ligand-gated ion channel family and are activated by extracellular ATP. P2X receptors are involved in synaptic communication and in diseases of the nervous system. The P2X receptor family consists of at least seven isoforms: P2X1-P2X7.1,2,3
All P2X subunits can assemble to form homomeric or heteromeric functional channels with the exception of P2X6, which only seems to function as part of a heteromeric complex.4-9
The P2X6 receptor assembles to a heteromultimer with two other P2X subunits, P2X2 and P2X4.
P2RX6 is extensively expressed throughout the central nervous system.7
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-013) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry, and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RX6 from human, mouse, and rat samples.
- Anti-P2X6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-028). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting P2X6 receptor.