This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
Peptide (CD)TINGTWEGDELGYK, corresponding to amino acid residues 11- 24 of rat P2RY2 (Accession P41232). Extracellular, C-terminus.
Western blot analysis of mouse heart lysate (lanes 1 and 5), mouse brain lysate (lanes 2 and 6), rat brain lysate (lanes 3 and 7) and rat lung lysate (lanes 4 and 8):1-4. Anti-P2Y2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-102), (1:200).
5-8. Anti-P2Y2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
Expression of P2Y2 in mouse hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections with Anti-P2Y2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-102), (1:200), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. P2RY2 immunoreactivity (green) in the hippocampal dentate gyrus appears in blood vessels (horizontal arrows) and in neurons (vertical arrows). Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
Indirect flow cytometry of live intact mouse J774 macrophage cells:__ Cells.
__ Cells + rabbit IgG isotype control + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
__ Cells + Anti-P2Y2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-102), (5 µg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
- Wang, L. et al. (2002) J. Cardiovas. Pharmacol. 40, 841.
- Queiroz, G. et al. (2003) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 307, 809.
- Ralevic, V. and Burnstock, G. (1998) Pharmacol. Rev. 50, 413.
- Abbracchio, M.P. et al. (2003) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 24, 52.
- Di Virgilio, F. et al. (2001) Blood 97, 587.
- Yerxa, B.R. et al. (2002) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 302, 871.
P2Y receptors belong to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily. P2Y receptors mediate the actions of the extracellular nucleotides (ATP, ADP, UTP and UDP) and regulate several physiological responses, among them, cardiac function, platelet aggregation and SMC proliferation1.
The P2Y2 receptor is abundantly expressed in the apical membranes of several epithelial tissues including airway5. It has become a leading target for the treatment of cystic fibrosis. Activation of P2RY2 increases Cl- efflux and mucociliary clearance, effects that might relieve symptoms of cystic fibrosis. P2Y2 agonist therapy is tested in an attempt to bypass the dysfunctioning CFTR channel. Several P2Y2 receptor agonists, especially INS37217, being evaluated as possible targets for the treatment of cystic fibrosis.6
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2Y2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-102) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, indirect live cell flow cytometry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RY2 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Anti-P2Y1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-021)
- Anti-P2Y4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-006)
- Anti-Human P2Y11 Receptor Antibody (#APR-015)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-020-F)
- Anti-P2Y6 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-106)