- Peptide (C)KEQPDLNFRNPAVQE, corresponding to amino acid residues 277-291 of rat SLC3A1 (Accession Q64319). Extracellular, C-Terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lane 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) kidney lysates:1,2. Anti-SLC3A1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-100), (1:400).
3,4. Anti-SLC3A1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with SLC3A1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NT100).
The heteromeric amino acid transporter (HAT) family is one of the major amino acid transporter families responsible for cellular uptake and epithelial transport. The uptake of cysteine mainly depends on HATs. HATs are localized to the plasma membrane and form heterodimers composed of a 12-membrane spanning light chain (SLC7) and a single membrane spanning heavy chain, SLC3. SLC7 catalyzes transport functions while SLC3 is essential for plasma membrane localization and stabilization of the light chains. The SLC3A1 is mainly expressed in the apical plasma membrane in the epithelial cells of intestinal mucosa and the renal proximal tubules1,2.
Two heavy chains, SLC3A1 and SLC3A2 are covalently bound to the light chains through a disulfide bridge. SLC3A1 has been known to form a heterodimer only with SLC7A9, a family member of light chain1,2.
Type 1 Cystinuria is associated with mutations in SLC3A1, an inherited disease characterized by the formation of cystine calculi in the kidneys, ureters, and bladder3.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-SLC3A1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-100) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot analysis. The antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and can potentially be used for detecting the protein in living cells. It has been designed to recognize SLC3A1 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Anti-LAT1 (SLC7A5) Antibody (#ANT-105)
- Anti-LAT3/SLC43A1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-193)
- Anti-SLC7A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-103)
- Anti-SLC7A2 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-103-F)
- Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-111)
- Anti-xCT/SLC7A11 (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ANT-111-F)