- Peptide (C)ELNHEAFVSPRKK, corresponding to amino acid residues 533-545 of rat VGLUT3 (Accession Q7TSF2). Cytoplasmic, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse (lanes 1 and 3) and rat (lanes 2 and 4) brain membranes:1,2. Anti-VGLUT3 Antibody (#AGC-037), (1:500).
3,4. Anti-VGLUT3 Antibody, preincubated with VGLUT3 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-GC037).
- Expression of VGLUT3 in rat and mouse brainImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat and mouse brain sections using Anti-VGLUT3 Antibody (#AGC-037), (1:400), followed by anti-rabbit-Cy3 antibody (red). Nuclei were labeled with DAPI and appear in blue. A. VGLUT3 staining in rat piriform cortex appears as grains along layer 2 (arrows). B. VGLUT3 staining in mouse hippocampal CA3 region appeared in the pyramidal cell body (P and arrows).
- Gong, J. et al. (2006) Brain Res. 1082, 73.
- Fremeau, R.T. et al. (2004) Science 304, 1815.
- Schafer, M.K. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 50734.
- Liguz-Lecznar, M. and Skangiel-Kramska, J. (2007) Acta Neurobiol. Exp. 67, 207.
- Akil, O. et al. (2012) Neuron 75, 283.
- Seal, R.P. et al. (2009) Nature 462, 651.
Central nervous system neurons have traditionally been thought to express exclusively membrane transporters and/or vesicular transporters for their transmitter. Three vesicular glutamate transporters (VGLUTs) have recently been cloned: BNPI/VGLUT1 (a brain-specific sodium dependent inorganic phosphate (Pi) transporter), and its homologs DNPI/VGLUT2 (differentiation-associated sodium-dependent Pi transporter) and VGLUT31. These transporters mediate glutamate uptake inside presynaptic vesicles and are anatomical and functional markers of glutamatergic excitatory transmission2.
VGLUT 1-3 are very similar in structure and function, but are used by different neuronal populations. VGLUT3 is a glycosylated transmembrane protein with ten putative transmembrane domains (TMD I–X) and both amino- and carboxyl-termini located in the cytosol3.
VGLUT3 is localized in a limited number of glutamatergic neurons in multiple brain regions: neocortex, hippocampus, olfactory bulb, hypothalamus, substania nigra and raphe nuclei. Additionally, VGLUT3 is expressed in a population of symmetrical synapses. It is detected in hippocampal and cortical GABAergic neurons, cholinergic neurons in the striatum and serotonergic neurons in the raphe nuclei4.
Mice lacking VGLUT3 are congenitally deaf due to loss of glutamate release at the inner hair cell afferent synapse5. In addition loss of VGLUT3 specifically impairs mechanical pain sensation6.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat Vesicular glutamate transporter 3. Anti-VGLUT3 Antibody (#AGC-037) can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize VGLUT3 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Anti-VGLUT1 Antibody (#AGC-035)
- Anti-VGLUT2 Antibody (#AGC-036)
- Anti-VGLUT2-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#AGC-036-AR)
- Anti-Vesicular GABA Transporter (VGAT) Antibody (#AGT-005)
- Anti-mGluR2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-011)
- Anti-mGluR3 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-012)
- Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001)
- Anti-GluR4 (GluA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-019)
- Anti-GRID1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-038)
- Anti-SLC17A5 (Sialin) Antibody (#AST-015)
- Anti-EAAT1 (GLAST) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-021)
- Anti-EAAT2 (GLT-1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-022)
- Anti-EAAT3 (EAAC1) Antibody (#AGC-023)
- Anti-EAAT4 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-024)
- Anti-SLC1A7 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-025)
- Anti-SLC17A9 Antibody (#ANT-085)