- Peptide (C)DASTKIREIFHHAG, corresponding to amino acid residues 361 - 374 of human ZnT10 (Accession Q6XR72). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat small intestine lysate (lanes 1 and 5), mouse liver lysate (lanes 2 and 6), rat liver lysate (lanes 3 and 7) and rat brain lysate (lanes 4 and 8):1-4. Anti-ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Antibody (#AZT-020), (1:200). 5-8. Anti-ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Antibody, preincubated with ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Blocking Peptide (BLP-ZT020).
- Western blot analysis of human SHSY-5Y neuroblastoma cell line lysate:1. Anti-ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Antibody (#AZT-020), (1:200).
2. Anti-ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Antibody, preincubated with ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Blocking Peptide (BLP-ZT020).
- Expression of ZnT10 in rat basal ganglia.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Antibody (#AZT-020), (1:1200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. Staining in the rat substantia nigra region, shows ZnT10 immunoreactivity (green) in neuronal profiles (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Blocking Peptide (BLP-ZT020), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Kambe, T. et al. (2015) Physiol. Rev. 95, 749.
- Winslow, J.W.W. et al. (2020) Int. J. Mol. Sci. 21, 3304.
- Quadri, M. et al. (2012) Am. J. Hum. Genet. 90, 467.
- Zhao, Y. et al. (2016) Traffic. 17, 267.
ZnT10 (also known as SLC30A10) is a member of the Zinc transporter (ZnT) family of proteins that includes 10 members (SLC30A1 to SLC30A10).
The SLC30 family reduces the concentration of zinc in the cytoplasm by either exporting it out of the cell or transporting it into intracellular organelles.1
ZnT10 was identified as an essential manganese transporter. Manganese is an essential cation for the function of several enzymes, including some crucially important for the metabolism of neurotransmitters and other neuronal metabolic pathways. In fact, mutations in the ZnT10 gene were identified as the underlying cause for hereditary disorders of manganese metabolism leading to hypermanganesemia and accumulation and secondary toxicity in the liver, bone marrow, and the nervous system.2,3
ZnT10 also functions as a zinc transporter and can form heterodimers with other ZnT family transporters like ZnT3 and regulate influx of zinc into synaptic vesicles, hence regulating neuronal transmission and plasticity.4
Species reactivity key:
Widget not in any sidebars
Anti-ZnT10 (SLC30A10) Antibody (#AZT-020) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human ZnT10. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry. It has been designed to recognize ZnT10 from human, mouse and rat samples.