Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Bjerrum, E.J. et al. (2003) J. Med. Chem. 46, 2246.
- Alomone Labs Cl-HIBO activates GluA1 receptors expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Time course of current, reversibly activated by 1 µM, 10 µM and 100 µM Cl-HIBO (#C-355), as indicated, while membrane potential was held at -60 mV.
Cl-HIBO (chloro-homoibotenic acid) acts as a full agonist at AMPA receptors (AMPARs). Cl-HIBO is the most selective agonist reported to-date for GluR1/2. Thus, the compound is considered to be a valuable tool for studying the biological behavior and distribution of AMPARs1.
The ionotropic glutamate AMPA receptors are the primary receptors that mediate fast excitatory synaptic transmission in the mammalian brain. The majority of this transmission in the mammalian central nervous system is mediated by the release of glutamate from the presynaptic terminal and its binding to glutamate receptors on the postsynaptic membrane2.
Cl-HIBO (#C-355) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-004)
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#AGC-004-AR)
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-009)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#AGC-005-AG)
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-073)