This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Alomone Labs DNQX disodium salt inhibits GluA1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Time course of current reversible inhibition by 50 and 500 µM DNQX disodium salt (#D-130) (at 0 mV) in the presence of 10 μM glutamate. Amplitude change as a result of the application of raising concentrations of DNQX (perfusion duration indicated by the horizontal bar, concentration as indicated).
The first widely used competitive AMPA receptor antagonists were quinoxalinediones (CNQX, DNQX, NBQX), which were highly selective over NMDA receptors but antagonized kainate receptors. Surprisingly, association of AMPA receptors with TARP auxiliary subunits converts DNQX from an antagonist to a weak partial agonist. DNQX induces partial domain closure, consistent with the activity of a partial agonist. DNQX interacts with residues primarily within domain D1 of the clamshell, thereby depriving the agonist of its initial contact sites with the open cleft of the binding pocket1.
The concentrations that inhibit 50% of AMPA binding (IC50) for DNQX is 0.50 ± 0.10 µM, and about one-fifth as effective at kainate binding sites, 2.0 ± 0.1 µM in rat cortical membranes2. The IC50 of DNQX is 1 µM in a crystal structure of the GluR2 ligand binding core3.
DNQX disodium salt (D-130) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGC-005-AG)
- Anti-GRIK1 (GluK1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-008)
- Anti-GRIK2 (GluK2) Antibody (#AGC-009)
- (S)-(-)-5-Fluorowillardiine (#F-205)
- CNQX (#C-140)
- CNQX disodium salt (#C-141)
- DNQX (#D-131)
- AMPA Receptor 2 Basic Research Pack (#ESB-705)
- AMPA Receptor 2 Premium Research Pack (#ESP-705)
- AMPA Receptor 2 Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-705)