This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Volkmann, R.A. et al. (2016) PLoS ONE 11, e0148129.
- Alomone Labs MPX-004 inhibits NMDA receptor channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of NR1/NR2A currents, elicited by transient stimulations with 200 µM glutamate and 200 µM glycine every 100 sec, while membrane potential was held at -80 mV. 100 nM MPX-004 (#M-280), applied for 7 min (bar), significantly inhibits current amplitude. B. Superimposed current traces from the recording shown in A, upon application of control and of 100 nM MPX-004 (as indicated).
MPX-004 is a pyrazine-containing antagonist with optimal halogen substituents on the phenylsulfonamide aryl ring. It is used as a pharmacological tool for studying the physiology of NMDA receptors containing the GluN2A subunit1.
NMDA receptors are heterotetramers composed by 2 GluN1 obligatory subunits and 2 GluN2 (A-D) or GluN3 (A-B) regulatory subunits. GluN2A is the most abundant subunit in the mammalian CNS. Physiological and genetic evidence show that GluN2A-containing receptors are involved in autism, schizophrenia, childhood epilepsy and neurodevelopmental disorders such as Rett Syndrome1,2.
MPX-004 (#M-280) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-NMDAR2A (GluN2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-002)
- Anti-NMDAR2A (GluN2A) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGC-002-AG)
- NMDA Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-214)
- NMDA Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-350)
- TCN 201 (#T-190)
- TCN 213 (#T-215)
- CNS-1102 (#C-305)
- DL-AP5 (#D-140)
- D-AP5 (#D-145)
- QNZ 46 (#Q-270)
- CIQ (#C-275)