Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs NMDA activates NMDA (GluNR1+GluNR2c) receptor channels heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Continuous current trace of NMDA receptor channel activity at 0 mV holding potential. NMDA (#N-170) was applied at concentrations of 0.1 to 1000 µM, and the horizontal bars above the trace represent periods of NMDA perfusion.
- "N-Methylaspartate compound summary", USA national center for biotechnology information. 24 June 2005.(http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/summary/summary.cgi?cid=22880&loc=ec)
- Flint B.M. et al. (1991) J. Neurosci. 11, 147.
- Dingledine, R. et al. (1999) Pharmacol. Rev. 51, 7.
- Blevins, T. et al. (1995) Neurosci. lett. 200, 214.
NMDA is the prototypic NMDA receptor agonist. An amino acid that, as a D-isomer, is the defining agonist for the NMDA receptor subtype of glutamate receptors1.
NMDA is a water-soluble synthetic substance that is not normally found in biological tissues. It was first synthesized in the 1960s. NMDA is an excitotoxin in high quantities (it kills nerve cells by over-exciting them)2.
NMDA activates NMDA receptors by binding to NR2 subunits, leading to the opening of a non-specific cation channel, which can allow the passage of Ca2+ and Na+ ions into the cell and K+ ions out of the cell3.
NMDA was evaluated for the inhibition of [3H]MK-801 binding at N-methyl-D-aspartate glutamate receptor and IC50 with an IC50 of 6.86 µM1. Cortical cultures of rat brain neurons have an estimated EC50 value of 6.8 µM4. The EC50 found for NR2 subunit expressed in Xenopus oocytes was 21.7 µM3.
NMDA (#N-170) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001)
- Anti-NMDAR2A (GluN2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-002)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-003)
- Anti-NMDAR2C (GRIN2C) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-018)
- Anti-NMDAR2D (GRIN2D) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-020)
- Anti-NMDAR3A (GRIN3A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-030)
- Anti-NMDAR3B (GRIN3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-031)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#AGC-003-AR)