Cat #: P-200
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Form Lyophilized powder.
Effective concentration 10 - 250 μM.
Chemical name 2-(2,6-difluoro-4-(2-(phenylsulfonamido)ethylthio)phenoxy)acetamide.
Molecular formula C16H16F2N2O4S2.
CAS No.: 141286-78-4.
Activity PEPA is a selective AMPA receptor agonist (allosteric potentiator)1.
- Sekiguchi, M. et al. (2002) Br. J. Pharmacol. 136, 1033.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility 50 mM in DMSO. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g for 1 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs PEPA potentiates GluA1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Time course of current reversible potentiation by 250 μM PEPA (#P-200) on glutamate-elicited currents (100 μM, holding potential -80 mV).
- PEPA is a flop splice variant and GluR3/4-prefrerring potentiator of AMPA receptors. PEPA is small chemical compound that enhances AMPA receptor channel activity by modulating receptor kinetics such as desensitization and deactivation. It reportedly enhances synaptic response by selectively acting on AMPA receptors. PEPA (1–200 μm) dose dependently potentiates glutamate-evoked currents in Xenopus oocytes expressing AMPA (GluRA–GluRD). At 200 μm, PEPA could potentiate glutamate responses by 50-fold in oocytes expressing GluRCflop (EC50 ∼50 μm)1. In addition, it potently facilitates extinction learning through activation of AMPA receptors mainly in the medial prefrontal cortex (mPFC)2.
Target AMPA receptors
Last update: 24/01/2020
PEPA (#P-200) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-009)
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-004)
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AGC-004-AR)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGC-005-AG)
- DNQX (#D-131)
- CNQX (#C-140)
- NBQX (#N-185)
- GYKI 52466 hydrochloride (#G-125)
- AMPA Receptor 2 Basic Research Pack (#ESB-705)
- AMPA Receptor 2 Premium Research Pack (#ESP-705)
- AMPA Receptor 2 Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-705)