SLC17A5/Sialin Blocking Peptide (#BLP-ST015) is the original antigen used for immunization during Anti-SLC17A5 (Sialin) Antibody (#AST-015) generation. The blocking peptide binds and ‘blocks’ Anti-SLC17A5/Sialin primary antibody, this makes it a good negative reagent control to help confirm antibody specificity in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. This control is also often called a pre-adsorption control.
- Western blot analysis of rat small intestine (lanes 1 and 3) and brain (lanes 2 and 4) lysates:
- Western blot analysis of mouse colon lysate:
- Western blot analysis of human HT-29 colorectal adenocarcinoma (lanes 1 and 3) and human HepG2 liver hepatome (lanes 2 and 4) cell lysates:
- Expression of Sialin in rat spinal cord.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat spinal cord sections with Anti-SLC17A5 (Sialin) Antibody (#AST-015), (1:200), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. SLC17A5 immunoreactivity (green) appears in the neuropil of the ventral horn. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- (C)KGEVQSWALSDHHG, corresponding to amino acid residues 479-492 of mouse SLC17A5 (Accession Q8BN82).