Cat #: STC-960
Lyophilized Powder yes
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Synthetic peptide
MW: 1726 Da
Purity: >98% (HPLC)
Effective concentration 5 -20 µM.
Modifications Disulfide bonds between Cys2-Cys8 and Cys3-Cys16. C-terminal Cys16 amidation.
Molecular formula C72H100N18O24S4.
Activity α-Conotoxin AuIA is a blocker of α3/β4 nAChR subtypes1.
- Luo, S. et al. (1998) J. Neurosci. 18, 8571.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility Any other aqueous buffer. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to two weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs α-Conotoxin AuIA inhibits α3/β4 nAChR channels heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Trace of α3/β4 nAChR channel current in the absence and presence of α-Conotoxin AuIA (#STC-960). Current amplitudes were plotted as a function of time. Membrane potential was held at -80 mV and oocytes were stimulated by exposure to 1 μM ACh (top bar). α3/β4 nAChR currents are inhibited by 2 min application of 20 µM α-Conotoxin-AuIA (green, bottom bar).
References - Scientific background
Scientific background Small peptide toxins of Conus origin are highly useful tools for exploring ligand nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) interactions1. There are three α-conotoxin AuIs found in Conus aulicus: AuIA, AuIB and AuIC. α-Conotoxin AuIA is a 16 amino acid peptidyl toxin, belonging to neuronal α 4/7 subfamily of α-conotoxins. This toxin inhibits mammalian neuronal α3/β4 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes. At relatively low concentrations (0.3 and 1.0 μM), this conotoxin is selective and inhibits only α3/β4 subtypes2.
Target α3/β4 nAChR
Peptide Content: 100%
Last update: 13/10/2022
α-Conotoxin AuIA (#STC-960) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- α-Conotoxin AuIB (#STC-310)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α3 (CHRNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-003)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor β4 (CHRNB4) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-014)
- α-Bungarotoxin (#B-100)
- α-Conotoxin ImI (#C-290)
- nAChR Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-203)
- nAChR Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-202)
- nAChR Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-205)
Shipping and Ordering information