Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the nAChR Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-205). This Explorer Kit includes nAChR antagonists, ideal for screening purposes.
|Product Name||Cat #||Size|
|STA-100||1 x 0.1 mg|
|B-100||1 x 0.5 mg|
|STC-520||1 x 10 µg|
|STC-600||1 x 50 µg|
|STC-620||1 x 50 µg|
|STC-960||1 x 0.25 mg|
|STC-310||1 x 0.1 mg|
|STC-900||1 x 0.1 mg|
|STC-500||1 x 50 µg|
|C-290||1 x 0.1 mg|
|STC-550||1 x 0.5 mg|
|STC-370||1 x 0.1 mg|
|STC-970||1 x 0.1 mg|
|STC-870||1 x 50 µg|
|STH-050||1 x 50 µg|
|L-120||1 x 100 mg|
Acetylcholine, released by cholinergic neurons, activates two groups of acetylcholine receptors (AChRs); muscarinic AChRs (mAChRs) which belong to the superfamily of G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) and nicotinic AChRs (nAChRs) which belong to the ligand-gated ion channel superfamily. nAChRs also respond to nicotine, hence their name1.
To date, 17 different but related subunits of nAChRs have been identified and cloned. They consist of α subunits (α1-10), which is responsible for the binding of ligands. In fact, this subunit includes a Cys-loop in the first extracellular domain that is required for agonist binding2. The other subunits responsible for making up the active receptor are the β (β1-4), γ, δ and ε subunits3. Structurally, all subunits have the following: a conserved large extracellular N-terminal domain, 3 conserved transmembrane domains, a variable cytoplasmic loop and a fourth transmembrane domain with a short extracellular C-terminal domain. An active nAChR is generally a heteropentamer of these various subunits organized around a central pore1.
nAChRs are validated therapeutic targets for various CNS pathologies4.
- nAChR Agonist Explorer Kit (#EK-204)
- nAChR Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-202)
- (-)-Cytisine (#C-130)
- 1,1-Dimethyl-4-phenylpiperazinium iodide (#D-125)
- DMAB-anabaseine dihydrochloride (#D-110)
- (-)-Nicotine ditartrate (#N-175)
- Waglerin-1 (#STW-001)
- nAChR Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-203)
- nAChRα Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-231)
- nAChRβ Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-232)
- nAChR Antibodies for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#AK-375)
- Muscle Specific nAChR Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-207)