This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
The activity of this product has been verified and approved by our professional team.
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
Anisomycin is an antibiotic which inhibits protein synthesis1. It also activates stress-activated protein kinases (SAPK) independently from its ability to block translation.
Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
Protect from light.
- Sobin, B. A. et al. (1954) J. Am. Chem. Soc. 76, 4053.
- Jimיnez, A. et al. (1979) p. 1-19. In F. E. Hahn (ed.), Antibiotics, vol. 5 part 2. Springer-Verlag, New York, N.Y.
- Barbacid, M. et al. (1975) J. Mol. Biol. 93, 449.
- Kochi, S.K. et al. (1993) Exp. Cell. Res. 208, 296.
- Condorelli, G. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 11013.
- Cano, E. et al. (1994) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14, 7352.
- Cano, E. et al. (1995) J. Cell Sci. 108, 3599.
- Chen, D. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271, 6328.
- Ishikawa, Y. and Kitmura, M. (1999) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 264, 696.
- Bogoyevitch, M.A. et al. (1995) J. Biol. Chem. 270, 29710.
- Sanchez, et al. (1994) Nature 372, 794.
- Dיrijard, B. et al. (1994) Cell 76, 1025.
- Hibi, M. et al. (1993) Genes Dev. 7, 2135.
- Barros, L.F. et al. (1998) Molecular and Cellular Biology 18, 1844.
- Hemi, R. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 8961.
Anisomycin is a bacterial antibiotic isolated from Streptomyces griseolus, which inhibits protein synthesis, by binding to 60S ribosomal subunits and blocking peptide bond formation, thereby preventing elongation and causing polysome stabilization. This action of Anisomycin monitored the cells for chromosomal DNA degradation and apoptosis.1-5
Anisomycin has been widely used as an extremely potent activator of kinase cascades in mammalian cells, especially the stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK2/p38MAPK), kinase subtypes and p46/54JNK. 6-13
Synergizes with growth factors and phorbol esters, anisomycin superinduce c-fos and c-jun by a number mechanisms, one of which is its ability to act as a potent signalling agonist, producing strong, prolonged activation of the same nuclear responses as epidermal growth factor or tetradecanoyl phorbol acetate.14
Anisomycin stimulated serine phosphorylation of IRS-1 and IRS-2, reduced their ability to interact with the insulin receptor and by that blocked the insulin-induced tyrosine phosphorylation of IRS proteins.15
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer Anisomycin (#A-520), isolated and purified from Streptomyces griseolus.