- New New
This product has recently been released.
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide CRHERYPTRHQPH, corresponding to amino acid residues 283-295 of rat GSG1L (Accession D3ZK93). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain lysate (lanes 1 and 3) and rat brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1, 2. Anti-GSG1L Antibody (#AGC-048), (1:200).
3, 4. Anti-GSG1L Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Western blot analysis of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell line lysate:1. Anti-GSG1L Antibody (#AGC-048), (1:200).
2. Anti-GSG1L Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of GSG1L in rat hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-GSG1L Antibody (#AGC-048), (1:200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. GSG1L immunoreactivity (green) appears in the outer molecular layer (OML) and in the granule layer (GL) of the hippocampal dentate gyrus. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
Germline-specific gene 1-like (GSG1L) is a tetra-spanning membrane protein which belongs to the Claudin protein superfamily. It acts as an auxiliary subunit that modulates the assembly, trafficking and gating of AMPA receptors (AMPAR)1.
GSG1L has four transmembrane domains, with the N-terminus and the C-terminus in the cytoplasm, the juxtamembrane region in its C-tail extracellular Loop1 domain is critical for its suppression of AMPAR-mediated synaptic transmission2.
AMPA receptors are ligand gated ion channels critical for synaptic transmission and plasticity. Their dysfunction is involved in a variety of psychiatric and neurological diseases ranging from major depressive disorder to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. A newly explored strategy is to manipulate the activity of AMPA receptors is through compounds that affect specific AMPAR-auxiliary subunit complexes. Overexpression of GSG1L strongly suppresses AMPAR, and GSG1L knockout enhances AMPAR-mediated synaptic transmission which makes it a leading therapeutic candidate for manipulating AMPAR activity3.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-GSG1L Antibody (#AGC-048) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize GSG1L from human, rat, and mouse samples.