- Peptide (C)SNITDPQMW DFDDLN, corresponding to amino acid residues 2-16 of human CXCR1 (Accession P25024). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of CXCR1 in human Jurkat acute T cell leukemia cell lysate:1. Anti-Human CXCR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-011), (1:200).
2. Anti-Human CXCR1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with Human CXCR1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CR011).
- Cell surface detection of CXCR1 in Jurkat living cells:___ Unstained cells.
___ Cells + Anti-Human CXCR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-011), (10 µg/5x105 cells).
- The blocking peptide is not suitable for this application.
- Murphy, P.M. et al. (2000) Pharmacol. Rev. 52, 145.
Chemokine receptors belong to the seven transmembrane domain G-protein coupled receptor superfamily and are differentially expressed in diverse cell types. In leukocytes, chemokines coordinate development, differentiation, anatomic distribution, trafficking, and effector functions and thereby regulate innate and adaptive immune responses.
To date, 18 chemokine receptors are known and designated as CXCR1-5, CCR1-11, XCR1, and CX3CR1 based on their specific chemokine preferences.
The CXC chemokine receptors specifically bind and respond to cytokines of the CXC chemokine family. CXCR1 and CXCR2 were the first chemokine receptor subtypes to be defined. They are the only known mammalian receptors for ELR+ CXC chemokines [CXC chemokines which contain the tripeptide motif glutamic acid-leucine-arginine (ELR) N-terminal to the first cysteine].
CXCR1 and CXCR2 both bind IL-8, with high affinity; they do not bind other types of chemokines. CXCR1 and CXCR2 are the major chemokine receptors expressed on neutrophils. They appear to operate mainly in acute inflammation and innate immunity.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the human CXCR1. Anti-Human CXCR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-011) can be used for western blot and indirect flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize human CXCR1.