This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide EDKELKDNHILNHVG(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 877-891 of rat NaV1.4 (Accession P15390). Intracellular loop between domains II and III.
- Western blot analysis of rat skeletal muscle lysate:1. Anti-SCN4A (NaV1.4) Antibody (#ASC-020), (1:200).
2. Anti-SCN4A (NaV1.4) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Mouse LVA myocytes (1:100) (Ednie, A.R. et al. (2013) J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 59, 117.).
- Wu, L. et al. (2002) NeuroReport 13, 2547.
- Fang, X. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 7425.
- Fjell, J. et al. (2000) NeuroReport 11, 199.
- Baker, M.D. and Wood, J.N. (2001) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 22, 27.
- Lai, J. et al. (2003) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 13, 291.
- Isom, L.L. (2001) Neuroscientist 7, 42.
- Catterall, W.A. et al. (2005) Pharmacol. Rev. 57, 397.
- Sasaki, R. et al. (1999) Arch. Neurol. 56, 692.
Voltage-gated sodium channels (NaV) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability.1 NaV channels are activated in response to depolarization and selectively allow flow of Na+ ions. The NaV channels are classified into two groups according to their sensitivity to Tetrodotoxin (TTX): TTX-sensitive and TTX-resistant channels.2-3
Mammalian sodium channels are heterotrimers, composed of a central, pore-forming α subunit and two auxiliary β subunits. The expression of the α subunit isoform is developmentally regulated and tissue specific. To date, nine NaV α subunits have been cloned and named NaV1.1-NaV1.9.4-5 Sodium channels in the adult central nervous system and heart contain β1 through β4 subunits, whereas sodium channels in adult skeletal muscle have only the β1 subunit.6
The isoform NaV1.4, is primarily expressed in skeletal muscle.7 Different missense mutations in the gene for the NaV1.4 are correlated with several muscular diseases such as Paramyotonia congenital (PMC), PMC without cold paralysis, potassium-aggravating myotonia, and hyperkalemic periodic paralysis.8
Species reactivity key:
Anti-SCN4A (NaV1.4) Antibody (#ASC-020) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NaV1.4 from rat, human, and mouse samples.