- Peptide (C)KRSEPHLDYHEFSE, corresponding to amino acid residues 78-91 of mouse SLC41A2 (Accession Q8BYR8). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain (lanes 2 and 4) membranes:1, 2. Anti-SLC41A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-146), (1:2000).
3, 4. Anti-SLC41A2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with SLC41A2 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NT146).
- Western blot analysis of human liver carcinoma HepG2 cell line lysate (lanes 1 and 2):1. Anti-SLC41A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-146), (1:1000).
2. Anti-SLC41A2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with SLC41A2 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NT146).
- Expression of SLC41A2 in mouse midbrain.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections with Anti-SLC41A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-146), (1:200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. Staining in the substantia nigra region, showed SLC41A2 immunoreactivity (green) in the substantia nigra pars compacta (SNC). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with SLC41A2 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-NT146), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue). SNR = substantia nigra pars reticulata.
SLC41A2, Solute carrier family 41 member 2, is a magnesium (Mg2 +) transporter belonging to the SLC41 transporter family, which includes SLC41A1 and SLC41A31.
SLC41 proteins appear to possess the same basic structural features of prokaryotic MgtE transporters: they create a Mg2+-selective pore via homodimerization. SLC41 topology suggests the presence of two five TM span domains connected by a TM spanning linker. The N-terminal cytoplasmic domain of SLC41A1 regulates its function2,3.
SLC41A2 is highly expressed in lymph nodes, stomach, lungs, testis and skin and is moderately expressed in spleen, intestine, heart, breast and kidneys2.
SLC41A2 is reported as either over or under expressed in 75 disease states including a number of carcinomas and lymphomas according to the database on European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI).
Species reactivity key:
Anti-SLC41A2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANT-146) is a highly selective antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize SLC41A2 from human, mouse, and rat samples.