Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Camptothecin inhibits the proliferation of MC-7 breast cancer cells.Cells were treated with different concentrations of Camptothecin (#C-330) for 4 days. The number of live cells was measured by XTT cell proliferation assay kit, normalized to the control (100%) and plotted against the drug concentration.
- Hsiang, Y.H. et al. (1985) J. Biol. Chem. 260, 14873.
- Capranico, G. et al. (1990) Nucleic Acids Res. 18, 6611.
- Chen, A.Y., and Liu, L.F. (1994) Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 34, 191.
- Tanizawa, A. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 25463.
- Wang, J.C. (1996) Annu. Rev. Biochem. 65, 635.
- Kaufmann, S.H. (1998) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1400, 195.
- Pommier, Y. et al. (1998) Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1400, 83.
- Jaxel, C. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266, 20418.
- Li, C.J. et al. (1994) J. Biol. Chem. 269, 7051.
- Shao, R.G. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 31321.
Camptothecin is an anti-cancer alkaloid that specifically inhibits DNA topoisomerase I and DNA topoisomerase II (topoisomerase I/II).1-3 The highly conserved region around Gly505 of topoisomerase I was found to be important for camptothecin activity.4
Camptothecin converts topoisomerase into a cell poison by trapping the cleavable covalent complex of enzyme with duplex DNA and blocking the re-ligation step. Thereby enhancing and stabilizing the formation of DNA breakage which is responsible for cell death.1-9
Camptothecin inhibits (IC50 = 30 nM) Tat protein-mediated transactivation of HIV-1 and enhances PKCa activity during apoptosis in HL60 myeloid leukemia cells via a caspase-regulated mechanism.9,10
Camptothecin (#C-330) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active compound.