CX3CR1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CR058) is the original antigen used for immunization during Anti-CX3CR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-058) generation. The blocking peptide binds and ‘blocks’ Anti-CX3CR1 (extracellular) primary antibody, this makes it a good negative reagent control to help confirm antibody specificity in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. This control is also often called a pre-adsorption control.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 5) and rat spleen lysate (lanes 3 and 6):
- Western blot analysis of mouse BV-2 microglia cell line lysate (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse J774 macrophage cell line lysate (lanes 2 and 4):
- Expression of CX3CR1 in rat hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-CX3CR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-058), (1:300), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. CX3CR1 staining (green) in the hippocampal CA1 region is detected in microglial profiles in the stratum oriens. Some profiles include the entire microglial outline including soma (horizontal arrows) while other outlines are processes (vertical arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with CX3CR1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CR058), suppresses staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue). P = pyramidal layer, SR = stratum radiatum, SO = stratum oriens.
- Multiplex staining of CX3CR1 and CD11b in rat hippocampus.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections Anti-CX3CR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-058), (1:300), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488 and mouse Anti -CD11b, (1:500), followed by goat anti-mouse-biotin and streptavidin-Cy3. A. CXCR1 immunoreactivity (green) appears in microglial processes (up pointing arrows) and in full microglial outline (down pointing arrows). B. CD11b immunoreactivity (red) appears in microglial profiles. C. Merge of the two images demonstrates ubiquitous co-localization. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue). P = pyramidal layer, SR = stratum radiatum.
- Peptide (C)ELDLENFEYDDSAE, corresponding to amino acid residues 7- 20 of mouse CX3CR1 (Accession Q9Z0D9).