Cat #: BLP-PR002
Type: Synthetic peptide
Form: Lyophilized powder
P2X4 Receptor Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR002) is the original antigen used for immunization during Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002) generation. The blocking peptide binds and ‘blocks’ Anti-P2X4 Receptor primary antibody, this makes it a good negative reagent control to help confirm antibody specificity in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. This control is also often called a pre-adsorption control.
Applications: wb, ihc
WB-western blot, IHC-Immunohistochemistry
For research purposes only, not for human use
Demonstration of Pre-adsorption control
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002), (1:200).
2. Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with P2X4 Receptor Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR002).
- Expression of P2RX4 in rat brainImmunohistochemical staining of rat brain red nucleus using Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002). A. P2RX4 (green) appears in fibers surrounding cell shapes (arrows). B. Calbindin 28K (red) appears in large neurons. C. Merge of P2RX4 and Calbindin 28K suggests variable density of P2RX4 expressing fibers on red nucleus neurons. DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue).
- Mouse brain (1:200) (Jo, Y.H. et al. (2011) J. Biol. Chem. 286, 19993.).
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain (lanes 2 and 5) and human U-87 MG glioblastoma cell (lanes 3 and 6) lysates:1,2. Guinea pig Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002-GP), (1:500).
3. Guinea pig Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (1:1000).
4-6. Guinea pig Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody, preincubated with P2X4 Receptor Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PR002).
- (C)KKYKYVEDYEQGLSGEMNQ, corresponding to amino acid residues 370-388 of rat P2X4 receptor (Accession P51577).
Accession (Uniprot) Number P51577
Peptide Confirmation Confirmed by amino acid analysis and mass spectrometry.
Storage Before Reconstitution Lyophilized powder can be stored intact at room temperature for two weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Reconstitution 100 µl double distilled water (DDW).
Concentration After Reconstitution 0.4 mg/ml.
Storage After Reconstitution -20°C.
Antigen Preadsorption Control 1 μg peptide per 1 μg antibody.
Standard Quality Control Of Each Lot Western blot analysis.