Cat #: BLP-SC002
Type: Synthetic peptide
Form: Lyophilized powder
A Blocking peptide for Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002), Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ASC-002-AR) and Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#AGP-026). Intended to be used as a negative control.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002), (1:200).
2. Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody, preincubated with SCN2A/Nav1.2 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-SC002).
- Expression of NaV1.2 in mouse hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of mouse hippocampus using Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002 ). A. NaV1.2 (red) is present in dendrites of pyramidal neurons in the CA3 region. B. Staining of interneurons in the pyramidal layer with mouse anti-Parvalbumin (green) demonstrates the restriction of NaV1.2 to dendrites (arrows) extending from the pyramidal layer (P). C. Confocal merge of panels A and B.
- Expression of NaV1.2 in rat hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of rat hippocampus using Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ASC-002-AR). A. Staining of NaV1.2 (red) appears in the stratum radiatum (CA3-SR) apical dendrites (arrow) of pyramidal neurons (Pyr). B. DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue). C. Merge images of A and B.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain (lanes 2 and 4) membranes:1,2. Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#AGP-026), (1:1000).
3,4. Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody, preincubated with SCN2A/Nav1.2 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-SC002).
- Multiplex staining of Melatonin receptor type 1B and NaV1.2 in rat paraventricular nucleusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat paraventricular nucleus sections using Anti-Melatonin Receptor 1B (MTNR1B) Antibody (#AMR-032), (1:600) and Guinea pig Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#AGP-026), (1:2000). A. MTNR1B staining (red) (arrows). B. The same section labeled for NaV1.2 (green). C. Merge of A and B demonstrates partial co-localization of MTNR1B and NaV1.2 in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN). For orientation, note location with respect to the third ventricle (3rd V). Cell nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
- (C)ASAESRDFSGAGGIGVFSE, corresponding to amino acid residues 467-485 of rat NaV1.2 (Accession P04775).
Peptide Confirmation Confirmed by amino acid analysis and mass spectrometry.
Storage Before Reconstitution Lyophilized powder can be stored intact at room temperature for two weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Reconstitution 100 µl double distilled water (DDW).
Storage After Reconstitution -20°C.
Antigen Preadsorption Control 1 µg peptide per 1 µg antibody.
Standard Quality Control Of Each Lot Western blot analysis.
Shipping and Ordering information