Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Protect from light.
- Alomone Labs U0126 inhibits P42/44 MAPK phosphorylation via MEK1/MEK2 in C6 glioma cells.Cells were grown to 70% confluence and serum starved for 1.5 h. The cells were then incubated for 2 h with various concentrations of U0126 (#U-400) and stimulated with 7 ng/ml PDGF-AA. Cell proteins were resolved by SDS-PAGE and probed with anti-phospho-P42/44 MAPK (upper panel) and with anti-P42/44 MAPK (lower panel). The phosphorylation of P42/44 decreased in a dose-dependent manner.
- Favata, M.F. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 18623.
- Lockman, K. et al. (2004 ) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 42422.
- Cirillo, P. et al. (2004) Circulation 109, 2911.
- Duncia, J.V. et al. (1998) Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 8, 2839.
- Zhang, J. et al. (2004) Blood 104, 1679.
- Ninomiya, Y. et al. (2004) Cancer Res. 64, 2759.
- Sharma, PM. et al. (2005) Mol Endocrinol. 19, 421.
- Ichiki, T. et al. (2004) Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 323, 402.
- MacCormick, M. et al. (2005) Biochem J. 387, 155.
- Fukazawa, H. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 2104.
U0126 is a chemically synthesized organic compound that was initially recognized as a cellular AP-1 antagonist, and found to be a very selective and highly potent inhibitor of the Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase (MAPK) cascade by inhibiting its immediate upstream activators, Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Kinase 1 and 2 (also known as MEK1 and MEK2, IC50: 70 and 60 nM respectively). U0126 inhibits both active and inactive MEK1,2, unlike PD098059 which only inhibits activation of inactive MEK1,2. Blockade of MEK activation would prevent downstream phosphorylation of a number of factors including p62TCF (Elk-1), an upstream inducer of c-Fos and c-Jun, components of the AP-1 complex.1-4
Inhibition of the MEK/ERK pathway by U0126 also prevents all effects of oncogenic H-Ras and K-Ras, inhibits part of the effects triggered by growth factors and blocks the production of inflammatory cytokines and matrix metalloproteinases.5-11
U0126 (#U-400) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.