VGLUT2 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-GC036) is the original antigen used for immunization during Anti-VGLUT2 Antibody (#AGC-036) generation. The blocking peptide binds and ‘blocks’ Anti-VGLUT2 primary antibody, this makes it a good negative reagent control to help confirm antibody specificity in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. This control is also often called a pre-adsorption control.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes (lanes 1 and 4), mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 5) and human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell lysate (lanes 3 and 6):
- Expression of VGLUT2 in rat neocortexImmunohistochemical staining of rat frozen brain sections using Anti-VGLUT2 Antibody (#AGC-036), (1:400). VGLUT2 (red) is detected in pyramidal neurons (arrow). The same section was stained with DAPI (blue).
- Multiplex staining of VGLUT2 and P2X7 Receptor in rat spinal cordImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat spinal cord sections using Anti-VGLUT2 Antibody (#AGC-036), (1:600) and Anti-P2X7 Receptor-ATTO Fluor-550 Antibody (#APR-004-AO), (1:100). A. Vesicular glutamate transporter 2 labeling followed by goat-anti-rabbit-Alexa-488 (green). B. The same section labeled for P2X7 receptor (orange). C. Merge of A and B demonstrates partial co-localization of VGLUT2 and P2X7 receptor in dorsal horn and in lateral column (L. Col., arrow). Cell nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):
- Expression of VGLUT2 in rat parietal cortex.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Guinea Pig Anti-VGLUT2 Antibody (#AGC-036-GP), (1:200), followed by goat anti-Guinea Pig-AlexaFluor-594. A. VGLUT2 immunoreactivity (red) appears in pyramidal neuronal profiles (horizontal arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with VGLUT2 Blocking Peptide (BLP-GC036), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- (C)EDGKPLEVPEKK, corresponding to amino acid residues 45-56 of rat VGLUT2 (Accession Q9JI12).