This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Waglerin-I inhibits muscle embryonic α1/β1/γ/δ nAChR currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of Waglerin-1 (#STW-001) action on muscle α1/β1/γ/δ nAChR. Current amplitudes were plotted as a function of time. Membrane potential was held at -80 mV and oocytes were stimulated by exposure to 10 μM acetylcholine every 100 seconds. 10 µM (for 3 min) Waglerin-1 were perfused during the period marked by the bar, as indicated. B. Superimposed traces of muscle nAChR channel current in the absence (black) and presence (green) of 10 µM Waglerin-1 (taken from the experiment in A).
Waglerin-1 is a 22 amino acid peptide toxin isolated from the Southeast Asian snake Trimeresurus wagleri1. Two other similar peptides named Waglerin-2 and 3 are isolated from the same snake species1.
Waglerin-1 selectively blocks the nAChRε subunit with an IC50 of 50 nM2 and is a potent blocker of muscle nAChR3. Waglerin-1 is also a modulator of GABA(A) receptors with potentiating and suppressing effects. Its IC50 and EC50 value is 24 μM4.
Waglerin-1 (#STW-001) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Muscle Specific nAChR Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-207)
- nAChRα Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-231)
- Anti-Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor α1 (CHRNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ANC-001)
- αC-Conotoxin PrXA (#STC-620)
- αA-Conotoxin OIVA (#STC-520)
- αA-Conotoxin PIVA (#STC-600)
- Anti-GABA(A) α1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#AGA-001)
- GABA(A) α Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-228)
- GABA(A) Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-420)
- GABA(A) Receptor Agonist Explorer Kit (#EK-425)