- Peptide (C)RSSQVEQEEKTKPG, corresponding to amino acid residues 189-202 of rat NETO2 (Accession C6K2K4). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse (lanes 1 and 3) and rat (lanes 2 and 4) brain lysates:1,2. Anti-NETO2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-046), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-NETO2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with NETO2 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-GC046).
- Western blot analysis of human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma (lanes 1 and 4), human HT-29 colon adenocarcinoma (lanes 2 and 5) and human MCF-7 breast adenocarcinoma (lanes 3 and 6) cell line lysates:1-3. Anti-NETO2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-046), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-NETO2 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with NETO2 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-GC046).
- Expression of NETO2 in mouse and rat cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse and rat brain sections with Anti-NETO2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-046), (1:200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. NETO2 immunoreactivity (green) in both mouse (A.) and rat (B.) cerebellum region is detected in the granule layer (G) and in “baskets” (arrows). Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
NETO proteins are auxiliary subunits that play a crucial role in the modulation of the biophysical properties of Kainate-type glutamate receptors (KARs). KARs are activated to modulate synaptic transmission, network excitability and synaptogenesis. NETO proteins modulate their activity both in vivo and in vitro mostly by regulating the surface expression and synaptic targeting of KARs in neurons.
NETO protein expression has been characterized in the adult brain. NETO1 and NETO2 are highly homologous but have different expression patterns and distinct functional effects. High NETO2 expression levels can be found throughout the mammalian brain1,2.
The NETO2 structure reveals a single-pass transmembrane protein that contains an extracellular region with two CUB domains that mediates interactions with KAR subunits. The C-terminus is important for modifying and regulating the synaptic abundance of KARs. The intracellular region of NETO2 can be phosphorylated by various kinases in vitro,which regulates synaptic targeting of KARs3.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-NETO2 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-046) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NETO2 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Anti-NETO1 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-045)
- Anti-GRIK1 (GluK1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-008)
- Anti-GRIK2 (GluK2) Antibody (#AGC-009)
- Anti-GRIK3 (GluK3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-040)
- Anti-GRIK4 (KA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-041)
- Anti-GRIK5 (GluK5) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-042)