- Peptide (C)DRLMWSMVSHWTDGLR, corresponding to amino acid residues 316 - 331 of rat NMUR1 (Accession Q9JJI5). Extracellular, 3rd loop.
Mouse - 10 out of 16 amino acid residues identical.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain membranes (lanes 1 and 3) and rat brain membranes (lanes 2 and 4):1-2. Anti-NMUR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-071), (1:500).
3-4. Anti-NMUR1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with NMUR1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-NR071).
- Western blot analysis of human HT-29 colon adenocarcinoma cell line lysate (lanes 1 and 5), human Jurkat T-cell leukemia cell line lysate (lanes 2 and 6), human K562 myelogenous leukemia cell line lysate (lanes 3 and 7) and human NK-92 natural killer cell line lysate (lanes 4 and 8):1-4. Anti-NMUR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-071), (1:400).
5-8. Anti-NMUR1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with NMUR1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-NR071).
- Expression of NMUR1 in rat cerebellum.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-NMUR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-071), (1: 300), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. NMUR1 immunoreactivity (green) appears in neuron profiles (arrows). B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with NMUR1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-NR071), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- Cell surface detection of NMUR1 by indirect flow cytometry in live intact mouse J774 macrophage cell line:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-NMUR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-071), (2.5μg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
- Brighton, P.J. et al. (2004) Pharmacol. Rev. 56, 231.
- Panetta, R. et al (2013) Physiol Genomics. 45, 89.
Neuromedin U Receptor 1 (NMUR1) is one of the two receptors for the neuropeptide Neuromedin U (NMU). NMUR1 and the second receptor NMUR2 are members of the G protein coupled receptors (GPCRs) superfamily 1.
NMU is a neuropeptide with potent activity on smooth muscles that is widely distributed in the gut and central nervous system. NMU interaction with one of its two receptors- NMU1R or NMU2R, mediates the stimulation of smooth muscles, increase of blood pressure, alteration of ion transport in the gut, control of local blood flow and regulation of adrenocortical function1-2.
NMU1R is abundantly expressed in peripheral tissues including lung, GI tract, pancreatic islets, testis, adipose, immune tissues, and dorsal root ganglia2, and due to its diverse functions it is a very appealing drug and research candidate.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-NMUR1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ANR-071) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry and flow cytometry applications. It has been designed to recognize NMUR1 from rat, mouse and human samples