- Peptide CRATEFAVRSG, corresponding to amino acid residues 197-207 of rat Ghrelin receptor (Accession O08725). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat pancreas (lanes 1 and 4), human SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma (lanes 2 and 5) and mouse MS1 endothelial (lanes 3 and 6) cells line lysates:1-3. Anti-Ghrelin Receptor (GHSR) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-031), (1:200).
4-6. Anti-Ghrelin Receptor (GHSR) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with Ghrelin Receptor/GHSR (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-GR031).
- Expression of Ghrelin receptor in rat and mouse hypothalamusImmunohistochemical staining of rat and mouse hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN) using Anti-Ghrelin Receptor (GHSR) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-031), (1:800). A. Ghrelin receptor 1 staining (red) in mouse appears in cells of the PVN (arrows). B. Ghrelin receptor staining in rat is similar. Nuclear staining using DAPI as the counterstain (blue).
- Cell surface detection of Ghrelin Receptor by indirect flow cytometry in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-Ghrelin Receptor (GHSR) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-031), (2.5μg) + goat-anti-rabbit-FITC.
- Expression of Ghrelin receptor in human SH-SY5Y cell lineCell surface detection of Ghrelin receptor in intact living human neuroblastoma (SH-SY5Y) cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells with Anti-Ghrelin Receptor (GHSR) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-031), (red), (1:50) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody. B. DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue) merged with Anti-Ghrelin Receptor Antibody staining.
Ghrelin is a 28 amino acid peptide, acylated on a serine residue which is essential for its biological activity1,2. In rodents, an additional form of the peptide could be purified. The peptide is released from the stomach and exerts its effect on the ghrelin receptor (GHS-R). GHS-R is a member of the G-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) superfamily. Like all members, the receptor has seven transmembrane spanning domains and upon activation it stimulates phospholipase C, thereby increasing IP3 and intracellular Ca2+ levels1,3.
GHS-R is expressed in the hypothalamus, pituitary and hippocampus1,3.
Some of the actions of ghrelin include the stimulation of growth hormone release, food intake, fat accumulation, regulation of memory and learning, activation of reward-related pathways and neuroprotection to name a few1,3.
GHS-R 1b is a truncated form of the full length receptor which is also expressed. Although its exact functions are unknown, it is believed that it may be involved in downregulating signaling from the full length receptor4. In addition, it is overexpressed in lung cancer where it dimerizes with neurotensin receptor4,5.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-Ghrelin Receptor (GHSR) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGR-031) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemistry, live cell imaging, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize GHSR from human, mouse, and rat samples.
- Anti-Ghrelin Receptor (GHSR) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#AGR-031-F). This FITC-conjugated antibody can be used to detect Ghrelin receptor in live cell flow cytometry.