This product has recently been released.
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
This vial contains 100% net peptide content.
BomoTx belongs to a group of secreted phospholipase A2 (sPLA2)-like protein toxins originally from the Brazilian lancehead pit viper. This toxin contains a conserved PLA2 fold but lacks enzymatic activity. BomoTx is mostly related to Lys49 myotoxins found in snake species within the Crotalinae subfamily1.
BomoTx functions by activating a subpopulation of somatosensory neurons that contribute to pain sensation. BomoTx excites these neurons by stimulating the release of cellular ATP through a mechanism involving pannexin hemichannels resulting in activation of P2X2 and P2X3 purinergic receptors. Injection of BomoTx to mouse hind paw causes non-neurogenic inflammatory pain, thermal hyperalgesia, and mechanical allodynia.
P2X receptors are cationic trimeric channel complexes that function as ATP-gated calcium-permeable channels and are attractive therapeutic targets. This family contains seven receptor subtypes: P2X1–P2X72.
BomoTx (#NTB-200) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Anti-P2X3 Receptor Antibody (#APR-016)
- Anti-P2X3 Receptor-ATTO-594 Antibody (#APR-016-AR)
- Anti-P2X3 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-026)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor Antibody (#APR-003)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-025)
- Anti-P2X2 Receptor-ATTO-594 Antibody (#APR-003-AR)
- RO-3 (#R-190)
- Ro-51 (#R-195)
- A-317491 sodium salt hydrate (#A-380)
- AF-353 (#A-375)
- Anti-Pannexin 1 Antibody (#ACC-234)
- Anti-Pannexin 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-232)
- Anti-Pannexin 3 Antibody (#ACC-233)