Connexin-43 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC201) is the original antigen used for immunization during Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#ACC-201) generation. The blocking peptide binds and ‘blocks’ Anti-Connexin-43 primary antibody, this makes it a good negative reagent control to help confirm antibody specificity in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. This control is also often called a pre-adsorption control.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain membranes:
- Western blot analysis of rat heart membranes:
- Expression of Connexin-43 in rat cerebellumImmunohistochemical staining of immersion-fixed, free floating rat brain frozen sections using Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#ACC-201), (1:300). Cx43 staining (red) appeared in Bergmann glial fibers (arrows) in the molecular layer (MOL) and in the granule layer (G). Cell nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
- Human fetal cochlear sections (Locher, H. et al. (2015) Dev. Neurobiol. 75, 1219.).
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 3), (1:1000) and mouse brain (lanes 2 and 4), (1:200) membranes:
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 5 and 7) and mouse (lanes 6 and 8) heart membranes:
- Western blot analysis of human T-cell leukemia (Jurkat) (lanes 9 and 11) and human neuroblastoma (SH-SY5Y) (lanes 10 and 12) cell line lysates:
- Expression of Connexin-43 in mouse brainImmunohistochemical staining of frozen mouse cerebellum free floating sections using Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#ACC-201-GP). CX43 immunoreactivity (red) appears in the Purkinje layer (vertical arrows) and in puncta along dendritic processes (horizontal arrows). Nuclei are stained using DAPI as the counterstain (blue).
- Multiplex staining of Connexin-43 and GFAP in rat cerebellum.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Guinea pig Anti-Connexin-43 Antibody (#ACC-201-GP), (1:200), followed by goat anti-guinea pig-AlexaFluor-594 and Anti-GFAP Antibody (#AFP-001), (1:1200), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488. A. Connexin-43 immunoreactivity (red) appears as positive puncta (arrows). B. GFAP immunoreactivity (green) appears along the Bergmann glial processes (arrows point at examples). C. Merge of the two images shows CNX-43 puncta distributed along the Bergmann glial processes. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue).
- (C)HAQPFDFPDDNQNSK, corresponding to amino acids residues 331-345 of human Connexin-43 (Accession P17302).