Cat #: BLP-PC022
Type: Synthetic peptide
Form: Lyophilized powder
KCNQ1 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PC022) is the original antigen used for immunization during Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody (#APC-022) generation. The blocking peptide binds and ‘blocks’ Anti-KCNQ1 primary antibody, this makes it a good negative reagent control to help confirm antibody specificity in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. This control is also often called a pre-adsorption control.
Applications: wb, ihc
WB-western blot, IHC-Immunohistochemistry
For research purposes only, not for human use
Demonstration of Pre-adsorption control
- Western blot analysis of rat heart membranes:1. Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody (#APC-022), (1:200).
2. Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody, preincubated with KCNQ1 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PC022).
- Mouse distal colon (1:50) (Jepps, T.A. et al. (2009) Am. J. Physiol. 297, G107.).
- Western blot analysis of rat heart membrane (lanes 1 and 3), rat spleen lysate (lanes 2 and 4), mouse heart membrane (lanes 5 and 6) and human Colo205 cell line lysate (lanes 7 and 8):1,2,5,7. Guinea pig Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody (#APC-022-GP), (1:200).
3,4,6,8. Guinea pig Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody, preincubated with KCNQ1 Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PC022).
- Expression of KCNQ1 in mouse heartImmunohistochemical staining of mouse heart frozen section using Guinea pig Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody (#APC-022-GP), (1:200). A. KCNQ1 staining (red) appears in muscle fiber membranes (arrows). B. Nuclei are stained using DAPI counterstain (blue). C. Merged image of panels A and B.
- (C)TYEQLTVPRRGPDEGS, corresponding to amino acid residues 661-676 of human KCNQ1 (Accession P51787).
Accession (Uniprot) Number P51787
Peptide Confirmation Confirmed by amino acid analysis and mass spectrometry.
Storage Before Reconstitution Lyophilized powder can be stored intact at room temperature for two weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Reconstitution 100 µl double distilled water (DDW).
Concentration After Reconstitution 0.4 mg/ml.
Storage After Reconstitution -20°C.
Antigen Preadsorption Control 2.5 μg peptide per 1 μg antibody.
Standard Quality Control Of Each Lot Western blot analysis.