Cat #: STN-340
Alternative Name K+ channel toxin α-KTx 2.1, NTx, Toxin II.11
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Origin Synthetic peptide
MW: 4194 Da.
Purity: >98% (HPLC)
Effective concentration 10-200 nM.
Modifications Disulfide bonds between Cys7-Cys29, Cys13-Cys34, and Cys17-Cys36. Asn39 - C-terminal amidation.
Molecular formula C174H291N51O55S7.
CAS No.: 85205-49-8.
Activity Noxiustoxin inhibits KV1.2 and KV1.3 K+ channels1.
- Grissmer, S. et. al. (1994) Mol. Pharmacol. 45, 1227.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility Any aqueous buffer. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to two weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs Noxiustoxin inhibits KV1.3 channels heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Left: Time course of KV1.3 current amplitude in response to test pulses of 100 ms to 0 mV from a holding potential of -100 mV. 200 nM Noxiustoxin (#STN-340) was perfused at the period marked by the horizontal bar. Right: Traces of KV1.3 currents before (red) and during (black) application of Noxiustoxin.
References - Scientific background
- 1. Possani, L.D. et. al. (1982) Carlsberg Res. Commun. 47, 285.
- 2. Grissmer, S. et. al. (1994) Mol. Pharmacol. 45, 1227.
- 3. Mullmann, T.J. et. al. (2001) Biochemistry 40, 10987.
- 4. Martinez, F. et. al. (1996) Toxicon 34, 1413.
- 5. Stiges, M. et. al. (1986) J. Neurosci. 6, 1570.
- 6. Drakopoulou, E. et. al. (1995) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 213, 901.
- Noxiustoxin was originally isolated from the venom of the scorpion Centruroides noxius Hoffmann1 and was shown to interact and inhibit KV1.2 and KV1.3 K+ channels.2 The toxin blocks KV1.3 (recorded using patch clamp in Jurkat cells) with Kd of 6 nM.3 It was shown to bind synaptosomal membranes4 and to increase transmitter release.5 In addition, it was shown to block K+ channels in lymphocytes.6
Target KV1.2, KV1.3 K+ channels
Net Peptide Content: 100%
Last update: 24/01/2020
Noxiustoxin (#STN-340) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active peptide toxin.
For research purposes only, not for human use