Cat #: BLP-NT005
Type: Synthetic peptide
Form: Lyophilized powder
proNGF Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NT005) is the original antigen used for immunization during Anti-proNGF Antibody (#ANT-005) generation. The blocking peptide binds and ‘blocks’ Anti-proNGF primary antibody, this makes it a good negative reagent control to help confirm antibody specificity in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. This control is also often called a pre-adsorption control.
Applications: wb, ihc
WB-western blot, IHC-Immunohistochemistry
For research purposes only, not for human use
Demonstration of Pre-adsorption control
- Western blot analysis of Recombinant mouse proNGF protein (#N-250), (lanes 1-3) and Recombinant human proNGF protein (#N-280), (lanes 4-6):1,4. 100 ng + Anti-proNGF Antibody (ANT-005), (1:200).
2,5. 250 ng + Anti-proNGF Antibody (1:200).
3,6. 500 ng + Anti-proNGF Antibody (1:200).
- Western blot analysis of mouse submandibular glands (SMGs):1. Anti-proNGF Antibody (#ANT-005), (1:200).
2. Anti-proNGF Antibody, preincubated with proNGF Blocking Peptide (#BLP-NT005).
- Expression of proNGF in rat brain sectionsImmunohistochemical staining of proNGF in rat brain sections using Anti-proNGF Antibody (#ANT-005). A. Staining of astrocytes was performed using mouse anti-glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) (red). B. Co-localization between GFAP and proNGF (orange). C. Staining of proNGF (green).
- Western blot analysis of 100 ng Recombinant mouse proNGF protein (#N-250) (lanes 1 and 3) and Recombinant human proNGF protein (#N-280) (lanes 2 and 4):1-2. Guinea pig Anti-proNGF Antibody (#ANT-005-GP), (1:200).
3-4. Guinea pig Anti-proNGF Antibody, preincubated with the blocking peptide.
- Expression of proNGF in mouse cortexImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed mouse brain frozen sections using Guinea pig Anti-proNGF Antibody (#ANT-005-GP), (1:400), followed by goat-anti-guinea pig-Cy3. proNGF staining (red) appears in the pyramidal layer (arrows). Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
- (C)SPRVLFSTQPPPTSSDTLDLD, corresponding to amino acid residues 84-104 of rat NGF (precursor) (Accession P25427).
Accession (Uniprot) Number P25427
Peptide Confirmation Confirmed by amino acid analysis and mass spectrometry.
Storage Before Reconstitution Lyophilized powder can be stored intact at room temperature for two weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Reconstitution 100 µl double distilled water (DDW).
Concentration After Reconstitution 0.4 mg/ml.
Storage After Reconstitution -20°C.
Antigen Preadsorption Control 1 μg peptide per 1 μg antibody.
Standard Quality Control Of Each Lot Western blot analysis.