This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
2,5. 250 ng + Anti-proNGF Antibody (1:200).
3,6. 500 ng + Anti-proNGF Antibody (1:200).
2. Anti-proNGF Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
- Lessman, V. et al. (2003) Prog. Neurobiol. 69, 341.
- Bibel, M. and Barde, Y.A. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 2929.
- Lee, R. et al. (2001) Science 294, 1945.
- Ibanez, C.F. (2002) Trends Neurosci. 25, 284.
- Hasan, W. et al. (2003) J. Neurobiol. 57, 38.
- Beattie, M.S. et al. (2002) Neuron 36, 375.
- Fahnestock, M. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 18, 210.
- Lu, B. (2003) Neuron 39, 735.
Neurotrophins are synthesized as pro-forms that can be cleaved either intracellularly to release mature, secreted ligands, or extracellularly by various proteases such as plasmin, furin, PC1/3, PC7, and PACE 4.1,2,5 The immature precursor has a prodomain of 103 amino acids, which was thought to have a role in the folding and sorting of the mature NGF into the various secretion pathways.
It was recently reported that proNGF, binds p75NTR receptor preferentially over TrkA, and this selective binding of proNGF to p75NTR leads to apoptotic death of cells that express both TrkA and p75NTR. However, mature NGF binds and activates both receptors, with resulting promotion of cell survival due to the TrkA-mediated survival signal overriding p75NTR -mediated apoptotic signal.3,4
Since pro- and mature neurotrophins seem to elicit opposite functional effects, by differential interactions with Trks and p75NTR receptors, extracellular cleavage represents a new way to control the synaptic functions of neurotrophins.
It was demonstrated that proNGF from injured spinal cord extracts, is active and induce apoptosis among oligodendrocytes, and apoptosis can be blocked by a proNGF-specific antibody.6
Finally, proNGF was demonstrated as the predominant form in mouse, rat, and human brain tissue, thyroid, hippocampus, thus suggesting a role for proNGF in vivo.5,7,8
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against rat proNGF. Anti-proNGF Antibody (#ANT-005) can be used in western blot and immunohistochemical applications. The antibody specifically reacts with proNGF. It has been designed to recognize proNGF from mouse, rat and human samples.
Related products for neutralizing proNGF activity:
Mouse NGF/proNGF Neutralizing Antibody (#ALM-006) can be used in indirect ELISA and neutralization assays to block the biological effects of both NGF and proNGF.
- Mouse retina sections (1:100).
Mysona, B.A. et al. (2013) Diabetologia 56, 2329.
- Matragoon, S. et al. (2012) Mol. Vis. 18, 2993.
- Peleshok, J.C. and Ribeiro da Silva, A. (2012) Mol. Pain 8, 1.
- Shulga, A. et al. (2012) J. Neurosci. 32, 1757.
- Al-Gayyar, M.M. et al. (2011) Diabetologia 54, 669.
- Spinnler, K. et al. (2011) J. Biol. Chem. 286, 31707.
- Weinstock, M. et al. (2011) Neurobiol. Aging 32, 1069.
- Ali, T.K. et al. (2011) Diabetologia 54, 657.
- Al-Shawi, R. et al. (2008) Eur. J. Neurosci. 27, 2103.
- Watanabe, T. et al. (2008) J. Neurosci. Res. 86, 3566.
- Yune, T.Y. et al. (2007) J. Neurosci. 27, 7751.
- Bruno, M.A. and Cuello, C.A. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 103, 6735.
Antibodies for immuno-colocalization experiments
- Guinea pig Anti-proNGF Antibody (#AGP-031) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #ANT-005.
- Recombinant human proNGF protein (#N-280)
- Recombinant human proNGF (cleavage resistant) protein (#N-285)
- Recombinant mouse proNGF protein (#N-250)
- Recombinant mouse proNGF (cleavage resistant) protein (#N-255)
- Native mouse NGF 2.5S protein (99%) (#N-240)
- Native mouse NGF 7S protein (#N-130)
- Recombinant human NGF proDomain protein (#N-290)
- Explorer kits