Cat #: S-370
Lyophilized Powder yes
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Effective concentration 10-100 µM.
Chemical name 4-[5-(4-Fluorophenyl)-2-[4-(methylsulfonyl)phenyl]- 1H-imidazol-4-yl]pyridine.
Molecular formula C21H16FN3OS.
CAS No.: 152121-47-6
Activity SB 203580 is a specific inhibitor for the p38 MAP kinase homologues1-6.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility DMSO. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g 5 min).
Storage of solutions Up to two weeks at 4°C or six months at -20°C.
Protect from light.
Protect from light.
- Alomone Labs SB 203580 inhibits the phosphorylation of Elk1 and Atf2 via p38 in 3T3-L1 cells.Cells were grown to 70% confluence and serum starved for 3 h. The cells were then incubated for 2 h with various concentrations of SB 203580 (#S-370) and stimulated with 5 µM Anisomycin (#A-520). Cell proteins were resolved by SDS-PAGE and probed with anti-phospho-p38 MAPK, antip38 MAPK, anti-phospho-Elk1 and anti-phospho-Atf2 as indicated. The phosphorylation of Elk1 and Atf2 decreased in a dose-dependent manner.
References - Scientific background
- Lee, J.C. et al. (1994) Nature 372, 739.
- Cuenda, A. et al. (1995) FEBS Lett. 364, 229.
- Whitmarsh, A.J. et al. (1997) Mol. Cell. Biol. 17, 2360.
- Clerk, A. et al. (1998) FEBS Lett. 426, 93.
- Hunt, A.E. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 7591.
- Ward, S.G. et al. (1997) Biochem. Soc. Trans. 2, 304S.
- Lali F.V. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 7395.
- Martin, M. et al. (2003) Infect. Immun. 71, 2498.
- Darveau, R.P. et al. (2002) Infect. Immun. 70, 1867.
Scientific background SB203580 is highly selective and cell permeable pyridinyl imidazole that inhibits the activity of MAP kinase homologs - p38 (stress-activated protein kinase II/HOG1) and p54 (stress-activated protein kinase I/c-Jun N-terminal kinase) with IC50 values of 50 and 500 nM for p38/SAPK2a and p38/SAPK2b respectively.1-6 SB203580 also inhibits the phosphorylation and activation of protein kinase B (PKB, also known as Akt) by inhibiting the PKB kinase, phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (IC50 3-5 µM).7-9
Last update: 11/04/2021
SB 20358 (#S-370) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use
Shipping and Ordering information