Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Protect from light.
- Alomone Labs Tyrphostin AG 1478 inhibits EGF receptor activation in 3T3-L1 cells.Cells were serum-starved for 3 h. The cells were then incubated for 2 h with various concentrations of Tyrphostin AG 1478 (#T-320) and stimulated with 200 ng/ml EGF for 10 min. Cell proteins were resolved by SDS-PAGE and probed with anti-phospho-EGFr (upper panel) and with anti-phospho ERK1/2 (lower panel).
- Zhu, X.F. et al. (2001) Cancer Lett. 169, 27.
- Kauh, J.S. et al. (2003) Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC; Georgetown University, Washington, DC 2003 ASCO annual Meeting Proc Am Soc Clin Oncol 22, 876 (abstr 3520).
- Johns, T.G. et al. (2003) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 100, 15871.
- Choi, B.H. et al. (2002) Am. J. Physiol. 282, C1461.
Tyrphostin AG 1478 (AG 1478) is a reversible, highly potent (IC50 = 3 nM) and selective inhibitor of EGFR tyrosine kinase activity, commonly used as an EGF signaling blocker.1
AG 1478 inhibits cell proliferation and arrests the cell cycle in tumor cells with overexpression of EGFR.2,3
AG1478 also directly blocks (IC50 = 9.8 µM) the rat brain KV1.5 K+ channel in vitro in a non-protein-tyrosine-kinase-mediated manner.4
Tyrphostin AG 1478 (#T-320) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.