- Peptide (C)RTHFPFFSDVKGDHR, corresponding to amino acid residues 22-36 of mouse FFAR4 (Accession Q7TMA4). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat lung (lanes 1 and 3), rat tongue (lanes 2 and 4), human U-87 astrocytoma cells (lanes 5 and 7) and mouse MS1 endothelial cells (lanes 6 and 8) lysates:1,2,5,6. Anti-GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Antibody (#AFR-014), (1:200).
3,4,7,8. Anti-GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-FR014).
- Western blot analysis of mouse colon (lanes 9 and 11) and human colorectal adenocarcinoma (Colo 205) cell line (lanes 10 and 12) lysates:9,10. Anti-GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Antibody (#AFR-014), (1:200).
11,12. Anti-GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-FR014).
- Expression of FFAR4 in rat hypothalamus.Immunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen rat brain sections with Anti-GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Antibody (#AFR-014), (1:1200), followed by biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit and streptavidin-Cy3. A. FFAR4 immunoreactivity (red) appears in axons beaded with varicosities (arrows). . B. Pre-incubation of the antibody with GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (BLP-FR014), suppressed staining. Cell nuclei are stained with DAPI (blue). VMH = ventromedial hypothalamus, 3V = 3rd ventricle
- Cell surface detection of FFAR4 in live intact human THP-1 monocytic leukemia cells:___ Cells.
___ Cells + goat anti-rabbit-FITC.
___ Cells + Anti-GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Antibody (#AFR-014), (2.5 μg/0.5x106 cells) + goat anti-rabbit-FITC.
Free fatty acid receptor 4 (FFAR4, GPR120), is a member of the rhodopsin family of 7-transmembrane domain G-protein coupled receptors (GPCRs). GPR120/FFAR4 is activated by long chain fatty acids. The protein is a potential therapeutic target for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). GPR120 is associated to insulin sensitizing, anti-inflammatory, and fat metabolism. Evidence shows that GPR120 may be involved in the development of obesity in mice and humans1-4. GPR120 regulates various physiological processes, including gut hormone secretion, islet function, osteoclastogenesis, anti-inflammation, and adipogenesis2-4.
GPR120 binds to omega-3 fatty acids and stabilizes the metabolic homeostasis through a cascade of physiological activities. GPR120 exerts its physiological effects through one of two pathways that involves either Gαq or β-arrestin2,3.
GPR120 has been shown to be ubiquitously expressed and is primarily detected in the intestine, adipocytes, and pro-inflammatory macrophages1,2.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-GPR120/FFAR4 (extracellular) Antibody (#AFR-014) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse Free fatty acid receptor 4. The antibody can be used in western blot and indirect live cell flow cytometry. It has been designed to recognize FFAR4 from rat, mouse, and human samples.